YouTube is one of the most widely used Google platforms on the planet. Even so, not too long ago, the design of the web platform left a lot to be desired if compared to some of its rivals.
Luckily, after the arrival of Material Design to the video platform, Google has not ceased its intention to incorporate new features which can improve the user interface of YouTube, and thus, the experience of users when it is used.
The latest news that we have known today thanks to Android Central, is a dark mode incorporated into the YouTube website that, although it is somewhat hidden, it is possible to activate it in a simple way following a few steps.
Turn on dark YouTube mode
More and more applications and platforms offer the possibility to activate a dark mode or night mode, which makes the background colors dark to avoid discomfort in the eyes when consuming content in low light situations. The last to sign up for this fashion has been YouTube, although at the moment it is only accessible from the web.
To turn on dark YouTube mode, you only need to access the YouTube website from your computer using Chrome – or any other browser – and follow the steps below.
- Access the YouTube website.
- Access the command console using the browser developer panel. To do so, in Chrome for Windows, you must perform the key combination Ctrl + Shift + I, and in MacOS, Option + Command + I.
- Once inside, you will have access to the Console tab, which will appear at the top.
- Inside the console, typing the following text, copy and paste can give error, and press enter
document.cookie = ”VISITOR_INFO1_LIVE=fPQ4jCL6EiE”
- Finally, exit the console and refresh the Chrome tab. Once refreshed, click on our YouTube profile at the top right of the screen to activate the dark mode from the drop down menu, as you can see in the image above.
As you can see, it is very easy to activate the new YouTube night mode. Now that Google has decided to incorporate this newness into the platform, we hope that it will soon be possible to enjoy a similar tool in the application for Android. As always, we will keep you informed of any new developments.