With stiff competition, your preparation for any competitive exam should be well-structured and organized. Along with the best strategies, you should have the best study material in order to crack the SSC CHSL exam 2018-19. The books are the best platform to retain knowledge in the most effective and fruitful way.
Being one of the prestigious exams, SSC CHSL exam is to allocate the candidates in Group C and D posts after the completion of Tier-1, Tier-2 and Typing Test. To reach out to the desired target, you should have the right study resources with you. Below, we have compiled some of the best books for SSC CHSL Exam which are based on the latest pattern of the exam.
Best Books for SSC CHSL Exam 2018-19
It is difficult to choose the best book for your preparation of SSC CHSL exam as the market is flooded with the plethora of books. Hence to help you with this daunting task, we are providing some of the best books for SSC CHSL exam preparation.
Considering the importance of SSC CHSL exam, the below-mentioned books will surely give you success in cracking SSC CHSL Exam 2019.
English language & Reading Comprehension
This English Language section is considered very scoring and less time-consuming because you have to just need to read the questions and answer for the inquired questions. You don’t need a pen & paper to solve these questions. If you are good in English, this section can save your time and fetch you good marks. The most appropriate books for this section are:
- Objective English by SP Bakshi- This book is mainly concerned with the vocabulary, Idioms & phrases, etc. We advise you to use this book as a supporting book during your SSC CHSL preparation.
- Plinth to Paramount by KD Campus- In this book, you will find clarifications of numerous grammar rules and their applications properly in a described manner. Practice from this book as much as possible.
- Word Power Made Easy by Norman Lewis- Another must have and best study material for you. Just have this book with you for future reference as well.
This section covers a wide range of questions and a different level of complexity. You need to practice a lot and must clear your concepts from starting. It is a time-consuming subject as compared to other sections. Having lengthy calculations, we advice you not to attend the questions from this topic at the beginning of the exam. Below are some of the best books for this section:
- Quantum CAT by Sarvesh Verma- This book will provide you with a good understanding of the concepts. Go ahead with this book if you want to grab a job as LDC/UDC, Court clerks or Postal/Sorting Assistant in various government offices.
- Advance Maths by Rakesh Yadav- This book provides an effective way to prepare for SSC exams and it majorly covers all the concepts of aptitude questions. Pick this book for practising countless questions. This book is must buy, once you have completed with the basic knowledge of the subject.
- Magical Book on Quicker Maths by M Tyra- This book is mainly designed for shortcut methods that will help candidates to score good marks in the subject. However, you must have in-depth knowledge of a concept before moving ahead with the shortcut methods.
The General Awareness subject is considered one of the easiest section out of the four sections. This section needs the minimum amount of time to answer the questions and can be prepared with fewer efforts. The best books for preparing this section are:
- Lucent’s General Knowledge Book- There is no better substitute for this book. You just need to read this book and revise it periodically. Practicing this activity can easily help you to score good marks in the exam. Revise it over and again to increase your chances of getting higher marks in the subject.
General Intelligence & Reasoning
This section is one of the important and time-consuming section in SSC CHSL exam as compared to others. It takes time to read and understand the question from this section. You must have a clear understanding of all type of questions which are asked in this exam. The best books for reasoning are:
- Analytical Reasoning by M K Pandey-This book covers all the topics of the General Intelligence section of SSC CHSL exam. You will find an ample amount of practice papers and exercises in this book. Best suitable for SSC CHSL exam preparation as it includes all kinds of questions that are asked in the exam.
- Test of Reasoning by Edgar Thorpe-If you want to practice more questions in order to sharpen your brain and increase your self-esteem then, this is the right book for you.
- A Modern Approach to Verbal and Non-Verbal Reasoning by RS Aggarwal- This book is customized for general intelligence section and along with that, you will get countless questions for practice from each topic.
We believe, in any kind of competitive exam, the crucial thing is to have the right preparation resources with you. Apart from that, the major thing is that you should follow the rule of collecting the best books and revising them repeatedly. So, select your study material wisely and prepare accordingly for your SSC CHSL exam 2018-19.
Don’t forget to download SSC question paper app from the Play Store. It also provides free notes, topic-wise study material, quizzes, mock test, and all the notification related SSC exams.