Based on AMD’s Zen 2 architecture, Ryzen 7 3700X is a high-performance 2nd generation microprocessor. It’s an excellent CPU for gamers. With 8 cores & 16 threads, it’s capable to run high-end games like Battlefront II, GTA 5. Yeah! I get it.
But I’m not here to praise the AMD’s processor. For this, you can refer to my previous post where I had explained everything about AMD Ryzen 3000 series processor.
Instead, I’m here to recommend you the best motherboard for Ryzen 7 3700X. Talking about this post, I’ve categorized this post into 3 sections:
- Best High-Performance Motherboard.
- Best Budget Motherboard.
- Best Overall Motherboard.
Let’s get started:
Table Of Contents
Best High-Performance Motherboard – Crosshair VIII Hero X570
I’m starting with one of the high performing motherboards for Ryzen 7 3700X – Asus Crosshair VIII Hero X570. After delivering a powerful CPU, Asus released the X570 motherboard at a much lower price than that of MSI X570 Godlike and Gigabyte X570 Aorus Xtreme.
It’s a perfect option if you’re looking to overclock the Zen 2 processors and as compared to Aorus Xtreme & Extended-ATX Godlike, it brings the overall size of your system down at a standard ATX form factor.
However, despite all this competitiveness in VRM performance, you need to think hard about whether it’s even remotely justifiable to spend an additional $130 for motherboards like Aorus Xtreme and the Godlike. Further, Asus Crosshair VIII Hero X570 comes with:
- M.2 aluminum heatsink, Active chipset heatsink, and ROG Cooling Zone
- Automated system-wide tuning. Hence, providing the capability to overclock the CPU and use cooling profiles tailor-made for your rig.
- On-board Wi-Fi 6 that supports MU-MIMO, Gigabit Ethernet, and 2.5 Gbps Ethernet. Additionally, you can use ASUS LANGuard protection and built-in support for GameFirst V software with it.
- ASUS SafeSlot, BIOS FlashBack, Pre-mounted I/O shield, and premium components for maximum endurance.
- ROG SupremeFX S1220. It combines with the venerable ESS ES9023P to deliver high-quality audio to headsets and exotic cans.
Best Budget Motherboard – ASROCK B450 Steel Legend
Back in 2002, ASROCK was spun off from Asus to compete against Foxconn for the commodity OEM market. Later it became a separate company. Today, you can consider it as ASUS’ current subsidiary ROG.
Similar to the ROG series, ASROCK B450 Steel Legend designs a number of enthusiastic products for gamers. Hence, making it one best-budgeted motherboards in the market. And as for, ASUS B450 motherboard, it’s based on their mid-range chipset B450.
- ASROCK B450 steel Legend provides high value and great overclocking features.
- Unlike many RGB options available in the market, ASROCK B450 Steel Legend provides a black and white theme, especially with digital camouflage.
- Along with the black & white theme, you can get additional RGB lighting on the motherboard.
- The I/O panel cover has RGB lighting on it while there is RGB lighting underneath the south heat-sink.
- Four DIMM slots on this motherboard.
- This motherboard has a total of six PCI-E slots, out of them, two belong to PCI-E X16 slots and four belongs to X1 slots.
- You get two M.2 slots on the motherboard
- ASROCK B450 Steel Legend is based on the B450 chipset. And the supported frequency of RAM sticks is a lot lower at 3533 MHz, although it might support a bit higher frequency as well.
Best Overall Motherboard – ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate
The last entry in this list is ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate. In terms of price comparison, X470 is way cheaper than its high performing counterpart ASUS Crosshair VII Hero.
It’s a complete package when both Performance & price matters to you. You can use this motherboard on Ryzen 7 3700X & even on 3800X to overclock the CPU the way you want.
X470 comes with these features:
- The Taichi Ultimate is significantly cheaper than the ASUS Crosshair VII Hero.
- The X470 Taichi features a 4 phase VRM for the SoC and 12 phase VRM for the VCore.
- Thanks to its top-tier VRM support, this X470 motherboard is capable of extreme overclocking a Ryzen 9 3950X.
- It comes with 2 M.2 slots, out of which one has a heat shield, Wi-fi, USB 3.1 Gen 2 connectivity, and a POST-Code readout for overclocking.
- Best value high-end motherboard for overclocking any of the 3000 Series Zen 2 processors on an X470 platform.
I’ve listed all the required options for you to choose the best motherboard for Ryzen 7 3700X. Now, it’s the decision time. Look at all the features mentioned at the top & decide which motherboard is suitable for your 3000 series Ryzen processor.
- If you want performance then go with X570 at the premium pricing as it can easily run the high-end graphics game GTA V on your PC.
- If you’re on a tight budget, go with ASROCK B450 Steel Legend as it’s available at a reasonable price.
- And if you’re looking for an overall package of pricing & performance, go with ASRock X470.
I guess by now you might have made up your mind. So, what is your choice? Do let me know about it in the comments section given below.