Facebook begins to test ad breaks in live videos and videos on demand

0
509
Facebook

Facebook tests ad breaks videos

If we thought that by moving from television to Internet we would get rid of advertising breaks when it comes to enjoying audiovisual content then we were wrong. And Facebook has begun to test the feature of ad-roll pauses in the videos on demand, although at the moment these tests are limited to only a number of partners in the United States. Later, in the coming months, the results will be analyzed and even expanded to more partners.

The idea is that the participating partners can select the moment in which they want to insert their ads, which must be at least 20 seconds in length and separated from each other by at least 2 minutes. In practice, for us users, means that in addition to seeing the initial ads, we would also have advertising breaks in the middle of the display of them. This new feature will mean a new monetization path for video creators, who will be left with 55% while Facebook is left with the remaining 45% of advertising revenue.

On the other hand, Facebook is expanding the advertising pauses for live videos, now reaching more creators. To do this, your pages or profiles must have at least 2,000 followers and have reached 300 spectators simultaneously so you can start inserting advertising breaks in their broadcasts, being able to place the same from the fourth minute of broadcast. At this time, eligible pages and profiles must be from the United States. In addition, for advertising breaks must have spent a minimum of five minutes between them. Each pause can last up to 20 seconds.

Lastly, all eligible publishers will now also be able to earn money with in-stream video ads on their own websites and applications through the Audience Network, and can bring ads to people around the world on both desktops and mobile devices.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here