When a new update arrives, it comes with the sole intention of fixing the existing bug in the app/website.
However, there’s always some risk involve in this as an untested update can bring in some new bugs.
So, if you’re getting Hurru error code 406 right after applying the patch for Hulu Error 94, you’re not alone.
Hulu Error Code 406 is a server error which means that the Hulu app is facing difficulty in connecting to your Internet.
But don’t worry too much.
You can fix this issue by clearing the cache and cookies, changing DNS settings, restarting the app or device, and updating the browser or app to the latest version. You should restart your device if you are facing this error code.
If you don’t know how to do all this, read this guide for all the necessary action you must take –
Table Of Contents
Clear the Cache and Cookies.
The first thing you can do to fix Hulu Error Code 406 is by clearing the cache and cookies. To do this, open up your Settings menu and select Safari.
Then, locate the option that says “Clear History” and click on it. You will now be prompted to confirm that you want to clear the data stored in your web browser; click “Clear History” again if you want to continue with this process.
Once you’ve cleared all your browser data from this menu, try opening up Hulu again! If everything worked out well for you, congrats—you don’t have any problems anymore!
You should now be able to watch videos without getting interrupted by error messages or pop-ups.
However, if that doesn’t work for some reason (such as because there were too many issues), then keep trying different solutions until one stick!
P.S. If you seem to forget clearing cache and cookies regularly, you should install CCleaner & automate the complete process. Once automated, it’ll clear out all the device cache and cookies at
Change the IP Setting
To Hulu Error Code 406, you need to change the IP setting.
You can change your Internet Protocol (IP) address using the following steps:
- Open Settings > Network & Internet > Wi-Fi and turn off Wi-Fi.
- Open Settings > Network & Internet > Mobile Networks and select the 4G/5G option from the list of connections available on your device (if available). If no 4G/5G connection is available, select any other option that you find appropriate for this purpose.
- Once you have selected a network connection mode for your device’s connectivity options, open Settings again and then go to Advanced Options > General > Reset and tap Reset Network Settings, followed by Reset Device at the bottom of the screen as shown below:
- After resetting network settings, go back into Advanced Options again but this time tap Reset Wi-Fi Settings rather than Reset Device so that changes made earlier are reflected in terms of IP address, etc.
For any other internet related issues, check out this guide where I’ve listed some ways to prevent Wi-Fi related issues.
Restart the Hulu App
The first solution to fix Hulu Error Code 406 is restarting the app. You can do this by using the button on your device to restart the app, or if you have an iPhone, press and hold down the home button until it says “Slide to power off”.
This will take you to a black screen with an option for the slide to power off and one for cancel or lock display.
Pressing cancel will raise a message asking if you want to close all apps or cancel closing apps.
Selecting “Close All Apps” will shut down all of your active applications including Hulu and any other ones that may be running in the background as well (like Spotify).
Once everything has been closed, go back into Hulu and try playing again!
If that doesn’t work, then another way is by closing out of Hulu entirely, so there are no running programs at all left over from when you first started playing video content online.
Then turn off your device entirely, including unplugging it from any outlet sockets so there isn’t any residual energy flowing through its circuits when turning back on again after pressing the power button once more.
The third method would require doing something similar except instead going into the settings menu and choosing the airplane mode option.
Turn airplane mode off once finished then turn the phone/tablet back on again by pressing the power button after waiting 3 seconds before touching anything else like restarting wireless internet connection etc…
Reset Network Settings.
If you face this issue on your device, you can fix it by resetting network settings. The steps to follow are:
- On iPhone or iPad go to Settings > General > Reset and click on Reset Network Settings. Wait for some time until the process is complete, and then make a test call to check if the problem has been fixed or not.
- For Android users, go to Settings > About Phone/Tablet > Reset Network Settings and wait until it is completed before making another test call, just like in the case of an iOS device.
Update Your Browser or App to the Latest Version
If you use a browser to access Hulu, you can try updating the browser to the latest version.
- Go to App Store and then click on Updates.
- Search for the Hulu app and then select the Update button.
- Click on Update again on the next page if asked by Apple’s App Store, Google Play Store or a 3rd-party app stores.
- If using an iOS device: Restart your device after updating your browser or Hulu app.
Once restarted, check whether you’re still getting the Hulu Error Code 406 or not.
Uninstall and Reinstall Your Browser or App
If you’re experiencing Hulu Error Code 406, you may want to try uninstalling and reinstalling your browser or app. This is especially helpful if the error code occurs during an episode of a show that you’ve been watching for a long time. Here’s how:
- On Hulu’s device, open Settings and select General > Applications > Manage Applications.
- Find Hulu in the list of applications, tap it, then tap Uninstall & Clear Data or Clear Cache depending on which one appears first in this list (we’ll go with Delete Data here). Do not reboot your device yet; go ahead and continue with step 3 before restarting your phone/tablet/computer as usual when finished deleting data from this app (you can skip this step if you’re going straight into Step 4).
- Open up Google Play Store and download the latest version of Hulu that is recommended by Google Assistant when searching for “Hulu.” The newest version will always be at least 1 year old so don’t worry about having an outdated version! Don’t worry about what file type comes up–it will be downloaded regardlessly.
I hope this article will help you fix the existing Hulu Error Code 406 Problem.
That’s all for now.
If you still face any issues, you can contact us in the comments below or write down the exact issues you’re facing to our email address – firstname.lastname@example.org