We’re moving away from cash payments to online payments in this digital age.
However, this wouldn’t have been possible without popular digital payment solution apps like Stripe, PayPal & PaySafe.
Although I’ve already compared Stripe with PayPal, I believe it’s time to find which one’s better for you, between PaySafe and PayPal.
It’s hard to say, right?
Don’t worry, I’ll compare these two apps for you in this post and will let you know which payment service will work better. Let’s get started –
Table Of Contents
What is Paysafe?
Paysafe provides simple and secure payment solutions to businesses worldwide. They offer payment solutions like credit cards, debit cards, pre-paid payment instruments (PPIs), mobile wallets, virtual currencies, and other digital payment solutions.
Paysafe was founded 2 years before PayPal in 1996 and has since grown into one of the most popular online payment solution providers today. Currently, they’re used by over 15 million active websites around the world daily!
What is PayPal?
PayPal is an online payment service that allows you to send and receive money.
It’s available in various countries, including the United States and Canada.
PayPal was launched in 1998 by South Africa-born businessman Elon Musk.
Initially started with bank credit cards and e-commerce sites like eBay, PayPal soon took off to new heights as currently it’s used by over 426 million users daily. And for now. you can use PayPal for personal or business transactions—and it’s free for all users!
What are the Benefits of Using Paysafe?
As such, it’s an excellent choice for international sellers who want to reach a global audience. PaySafe has developed an extensive and secure network for processing payments across multiple channels.
PaySafe has many benefits as an e-wallet provider and can be used to accept payments in more than 25 currencies around the world. The company offers many features that make it easy for merchants to get started selling online:
- You can start accepting payments instantly after registering your account with PaySafe using their simple signup form or by downloading their mobile app.
- PaySafe charges no monthly fees or setup costs; you’ll only pay per transaction (1-2% depending on your location).
- It’s easy to use and convenient to pay for goods or services using your debit card. You don’t need to remember another password or username when you sign up, so it can be quicker than other options such as PayPal.
- Your funds are safe since Paysafe uses Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology on its website, so no one can see your personal information like your bank account number or credit card number when making purchases online through them – only the merchant will see this data!
What are the Benefits of Using PayPal?
PayPal offers buyers and sellers multiple protection features that can help prevent fraud, such as email notifications confirming your order and the ability to dispute charges if something goes wrong.
This policy protects you from certain unauthorized transactions made within 180 days after registration with PayPal (up to $600 per claim).
The platform currently has 426 million active users worldwide and a global network of partners who provide localized versions in 25 languages across 200 countries around the globe.
PayPal is the most popular payment method, so it’s no surprise that many online businesses and e-commerce stores accept PayPal payments. The main benefits of using PayPal are:
- Simple to use – You can easily set up a PayPal account and then pay online with your credit card or bank account.
- Safe – If you lose your wallet, you must log in and change your password to protect your money from thieves who may have access to it.
- Easy setup – Setting up a PayPal account only takes a few minutes, so there are no long waiting times for approval by the company before you can start using its services (unlike some other providers).
- Convenient service – With PaySafeCard voucher codes available all over the country, users can buy them at any time without having to wait for them in their mailbox like other services require!
Paysafe vs PayPal: the most important differences
There are many differences between PayPal and Paysafe. These include:
- PayPal charges a fee for international transactions, but Paysafe does not.
- PayPal is better for online shopping, while Paysafe is better for online payments.
- PayPal is much more popular than Paysafe, so it’s easier to find merchants that accept it. This makes using your credit card more convenient if you want to shop online or pay bills through an app on your phone. In contrast, there are fewer places that accept Paysafe cards and fewer people who have them as well (although this may change in the future).
Who wins? Which e-money provider should you choose?
If you solely use these payment apps, it’s essential to check the fees they’re charging.
If you pay over the phone or in person, check the user experience.
If you want to send money overseas, secure your transaction with PayPal.
But if you’re just looking for an easy way to pay online and in-store, Paysafe has your back — and it doesn’t cost anything extra!
The bottom line is that both PayPal and Paysafe are great e-money providers who offer secure transactions at competitive prices. The choice will ultimately come down to which service best suits your needs as a customer — so make sure that you consider all of these factors before making any final decisions!
Frequently Asked Questions
As I’ve explained in my previous post, there’s no direct way to transfer money from the PayPal app to the Cash App. However, if you’ve got an urgent need, I’ve also shared a trick that you can use transfer money from your PayPal app to the Cash App. So, do check that out.
Beware, sending money from your Venmo to your Paypal account isn’t an easy task. So, here’s a dedicated guide to sending money from your Venmo to your PayPal account.
I hope this article helped you understand the main differences between PayPal and Paysafe.
As you may see, there are many similarities between the two companies but also some critical differences.
Depending on your needs as an entrepreneur or business owner, one of these online payment apps may be more suitable for your needs than the other one.
You should now decide which service best suits your needs and offer you everything you need from an online payment solution provider.
That’s all for now.
If you’ve still got some doubts, you can clear them up by asking the right questions in the comments below.