Ticketmaster and Seatgeek are the two most popular ticket-selling sites in the US.
But how do they compare?
Which website is best for booking tickets, and why?
In this article, I’ll discuss the pros and cons of both ticket booking sites so you can decide which site is best for your next live event experience!
Table Of Contents
- 1 How does TicketMaster Works?
- 2 How does Seatgeek Works?
- 3 Ticketmaster vs Seatgeek: Customer Service
- 4 Ticketmaster vs Seatgeek: Ease of Use
- 5 Pros and Cons of TicketMaster
- 6 Pros and Cons of Seatgeek
- 7 Ticketmaster vs Seatgeek: The Verdict
- 8 Frequently Asked Questions
- 9 Conclusion
How does TicketMaster Works?
Ticketmaster is an online marketplace that makes buying tickets for the latest movies, concerts, sports, and theater events easy. Ticketmaster sells tickets for venues in the United States, Canada, and the United Kingdom.
To buy tickets from their website, select a date for a specific event. Once done, click on find tickets, confirm the seats, and complete the transaction using your payment details.
How does Seatgeek Works?
To start, you’ll want to search SeatGeek for the event you’re looking to attend. After that, it’s as easy as choosing which seats you’d like, adding them to your cart, and checking out!
SeatGeek’s website is very user-friendly and makes buying tickets effortless. If you have questions about buying tickets or anything res, their customer service team is available 24/7 via email.
Ticketmaster vs Seatgeek: Customer Service
If you have a ticket issue and need to speak to a customer service representative, TicketMaster and Seatgeek offer a phone number. TicketMaster’s number is (800) 653-8000, and Seatgeek’s is (888) 506-4101.
Both websites offer live chat features if you prefer communicating with someone via text rather than talking on the phone.
Ticketmaster vs Seatgeek: Ease of Use
TicketMaster wins this ease of use segment by a landslide. The site is exceptionally user-friendly and easy to navigate.
TicketMaster will help you pick the best seats based on your budget and preferred location if you want to buy tickets for an event. You can also search by artist name or venue name if you aren’t sure what you want yet!
Once you’ve found an event that looks good, TicketMaster will show all of the ticket options available for purchase: single tickets, packages with VIP passes, and more.
Clicking on one of these links will take you directly to SeatGeek’s website, where they sell those specific tickets without any additional steps (other than confirming your order).
SeatGeek has a website and a mobile app where you can search for events within their vicinity and then book them right away through their phone or tablet devices.
However, this feature isn’t available on desktop computers, making things slightly more complicated when booking last-minute trips across town just before leaving work because there isn’t much time left before departure time rolls around again soon enough!
Pros and Cons of TicketMaster
- Ticketmaster offers a great selection in terms of events and seating options,
- One of the oldest and most trusted ticket booking platforms.
- From concerts to sporting events, TicketMaster is available to book tickets for every type of event.
- It has a large inventory of tickets to be purchased through its platform.
- Their user interface isn’t very user-friendly or intuitive to navigate through when booking tickets online.
- Ticketmaster doesn’t let you import tickets purchased from someplace else.
Pros and Cons of Seatgeek
- Seatgeek has a reputation for providing one of the best customer services in the ticket-selling segment.
- SeatGeek provides better offers when purchasing a ticket from their app.
- Unlike Ticketmaster, Seatgeek lets you transfer tickets to another person.
- Provides lower pricing than Ticketmaster.
- When booking tickets from the SeatGeek app, you’re just limited to certain features.
- SeatGeek doesn’t have a dedicated map integrated into its system.
- You can’t search for tickets at a particular venue where the event will take place.
Ticketmaster vs Seatgeek: The Verdict
Ticketmaster may be your best option to see a big concert. For example, if you want to see Katy Perry or Harry Styles in concert this summer, you’ll want to book your tickets through Ticketmaster.
But what if the event isn’t so popular?
Or what if there’s no venue available at all? Then Seatgeek is the better option!
Seatgeek has plenty of smaller concerts and venues that aren’t listed on Ticketmaster. Plus, their prices are usually lower than those of Ticketmaster.
On top of that, Seatgeek is excellent because it allows people to buy tickets from other users’ accounts (rather than having them sold directly by the show’s venue). This means plenty more opportunities for deals and savings when using Seatgeek over its competitor!
Seatgeek is the better choice overall. SeatGeek has better customer service, is more user-friendly, and has a better overall experience. Ticketmaster is more expensive, has fewer features, and is harder to use.
If you’re looking for a place to buy tickets online, go with SeatGeek!
Frequently Asked Questions
To clear cookies of the Ticketmaster app on your device, open its app info. and from there, clear the app data.
TicketMaster offers a refund facility in case of any transaction failure or fraudulent activity. Apart from these conditions, the ticket sale is final and non-refundable.
Yes, SeatGeek prices go down when tickets remain unsold.
Yes, SeatGeek is a safe place to buy all types of tickets, including the NFL.
I ain’t saying Ticketmaster is bad, but if you want to avoid the hassles of some of its features and save money on tickets, Seatgeek is the better choice overall.
The site’s clean design makes it easy to find cheap tickets and select the best seats in the house.
Plus, its customer service is top-notch in helping you with any issues or questions about your order!
That’s all for now.
If you’ve any questions, feel free to ask in the comments below.