According to a recent report, 80% of small businesses in the US aren’t taking complete advantage of the technology and business tools that are available to them.
The exponential rate at which technology is developing demands businesses to keep up, and business tools assist businesses to do so.
For entrepreneurs to be able to launch themselves into success and be able to compete in their market, they would have to be equipped with the top business tools.
Table Of Contents
Connecteam is a free small business tool that enhances its users’ daily business routines.
It allows managers to offer feedback, enhance engagement, track work hours easily to enhance timesheet management and payroll processes, share intuitive schedules, remain transparent, and unite all workplace communication and collaboration.
Connecteam offers GPS time tracking for when employees clock in and out from their phones, an interactive communication platform for employees, the ability to draw up and share a job schedule, and the ability to manage important reports on the go.
Business formation tools
Business formation tools, such as LLC formation services help business owners and entrepreneurs to set up a Limited Liability Company.
These providers offer business formation packages which usually include the services of filing articles of organization, EIN registration, registered agent services, and compiling operating agreements.
As a business grows, managing communication may prove to become a time-consuming task for entrepreneurs. Google Docs and Join.me are able to assist entrepreneurs in streamlining communication processes and help them save time.
- Google Docs is a useful tool when sharing and collaboration is needed on files. The files are then stored on Google Drive, and this prevents the need of having to email the documents between those collaborating.
- Join.me is a conferencing tool that assists professionals in presenting to multiple employees or clients remotely.
Business name generators
AI-powered business name generator tools have allowed young startups to ‘’automate’’ certain procedures. These procedures, such as doing an availability search as well as brainstorming names, are time-consuming.
By using a business name generator, startups are able to use their time wiser in other areas of their company while still obtaining an SEO and Marketing friendly name after a few simple steps. For more information about this, follow the link to this website where The Really Useful Information Company (TRUiC) is able to assist entrepreneurs.
The automation of business processes and tasks simply saves business owners precious time. Software available for this purpose is:
- IFTTT, which stands for “If this then that”, is a flexible automation system that serves to integrate apps and services in order to create automated processes for things.
- Zapier is a business-oriented automation tool that integrates with more apps and services than IFTTT does.
With email being the most common tool for communication in business, certain tools have been able to solve the issue of unorganized inboxes while others aim to make email communications more effective for businesses.
- Thunderbird is a free all-in-one email, tasks, calendar, and chat platform and it stores emails locally.
- MixMax is a browser plugin that assists in tracking correspondence, scheduling emails, and using sequences and reminders.
- MailChimp is best for businesses managing a newsletter, as it includes a WYSIWYG template editor and tracking of open and click rates.
Task management tools
Task management tools assist business owners in tracking the tasks of employees, contractors, and partners. Examples of these management solutions are:
- The Asana task management solution is user-friendly and flexible. It allows business owners to create repeating tasks, assign them to team members, and keep track of the task progress from one, customizable dashboard.
- Wrike allows business owners to analyze performance insights with spreadsheets. All aspects are customizable and Wrike is also able to integrate with various tools like GitHub, Slack, Box, and SalesForce.
Point of Sale tools
A basic desktop computer with specific tools are needed to manage a business’ POS activity. Examples of these tools are:
- Loyverse is a POS and loyalty program solution for businesses like small businesses. The tool includes analytics as well as inventory management and is available for free on Google Play and the iTunes App Store.
- KeyHut is similar to an old-style DOS desktop register.
Analytics tools offer business owners insight into how the business is performing online, sales, and where more effort is required.
An example of this is Google Analytics. Google Analytics’ services offer business owners the chance to enhance their marketing strategy to generate more leads.
Business development tools
Tools such as SBA.gov and SCORE offer business owners the opportunity to gain knowledge as they develop their startups.
SBA.gov, which is the U.S. Small Business Administration’s website, offers information on writing up business plans, how to finance a business, insights, and tips for entrepreneurs, and so much more.
SCORE is a tool for helping small businesses get off the ground by offering free learning opportunities online, as well as in-person mentoring.
Adopting new business tools, as well as technology, is sure to achieve improvements in business efficiency. From using business name generators to business formation tools, to automation tools.
By removing repetitive tasks and emphasizing employee advocacy, business owners are able to boost morale and keep customers engaged.