Are you having issues with your firestick remote?
Does it not connect to the Fire TV device?
If yes, then this post will help you solve these problems. Here we have listed 10 ways to fix the issue and make your Fire TV work again.
Table Of Contents
- 1 1. Close unnecessary apps that might interfere with the Fire TV remote.
- 2 2. Use the other Amazon firestick remote
- 3 3. Use a different USB adapter or cable
- 4 4. Reset the Insignia Fire TV stick.
- 5 5. Remove the protective case.
- 6 6. Restart your Wi-Fi network.
- 7 7. Move your Fire TV Stick closer to the router
- 8 8. Exit from the HDMI-CEC menu on your Fire TV
- 9 9. Change Batteries Type
- 10 10. Check if Amazon fire tv remote buttons are stuck
- 11 Conclusion
1. Close unnecessary apps that might interfere with the Fire TV remote.
When your Fire TV Remote stops working, the first thing you should try is closing all unnecessary apps that might interfere with the Fire TV remote. This includes turning off your phone, tablet, TV, and smart hub/bridge if applicable. If this doesn’t work for you, continue reading to learn more about how to fix it!
2. Use the other Amazon firestick remote
If you have an Amazon Fire Stick device, try using the other remote to fix the unresponsive insignia fire tv remote. Press and hold the Amazon fire stick remote button to power your device.
At the same time, holding this button down, press and hold the button of the insignia’s device that you use to turn it on. If this works for you, then it means there is a problem with your insignia TV’s power button and not its Bluetooth connectivity or software issues.
3. Use a different USB adapter or cable
If your Xfinity remote isn’t working as expected after you’ve checked out the instructions above, it’s worth trying a different USB adapter or cable.
First, use a different USB adapter. If you have an older version of the Fire TV Stick or Fire TV box and are using the power adapter that came in the box with it instead of a newer one that has its built-in USB port (which connects directly to your HDTV), try switching them out and see if that fixes things.
If that doesn’t work, try connecting your remote directly to an outlet via its charging cable instead of plugging it into a wall socket first with one end of the included charging cable and then connecting another end into another wall socket further away from where you’re sitting.
4. Reset the Insignia Fire TV stick.
If your remote doesn’t work, try to unplug the Fire TV stick and wait a few seconds before plugging it back in.
You may also want to reset both the remote control and the device by pressing their power buttons for several seconds until they power off.
Then press them again to turn them back on.
5. Remove the protective case.
If you have an issue with the remote and are using a protective case, remove it. You can take off your remote’s protective case without damaging it. However, please ensure no damage to the remote before removing its cover, as this may cause issues later.
6. Restart your Wi-Fi network.
Restarting your Wi-Fi network, router, and modem
- Restart the modem by turning it off and then on again. Contact your Internet provider if you don’t know how to do this.
- Restart the router by turning it off and then on again (or unplugging it from its power source). If you don’t know how to do this, contact your Internet provider or manufacturer for help restarting your device.
7. Move your Fire TV Stick closer to the router
Ensure the router is not too far from the Fire TV Stick. If it’s too far, it might affect its connectivity and cause problems with the remote controls. You can move your router closer to the Fire TV Stick so that they are within a reasonable distance of each other.
You can also move your fire tv stick closer to the router if you have moved it as much as possible but still face problems with the connectivity of both devices due to the distance between them
If you are having trouble with your Fire TV remote, try turning off HDMI-CEC on your TV.
HDMI-CEC is a feature that allows you to control your TV with your Fire TV remote. If you have an issue with your Fire TV remote’s operation, it may be due to issues with the HDMI-CEC setting on your television. To fix this issue:
- Go to Settings>System>Inputs & Devices
- Select “Turn On/Off CEC” and choose Off
9. Change Batteries Type
If you are using rechargeable batteries, it may be possible that their charge has run out, and hence the remote is not working. In this case, you should replace the old batteries with new ones of the same type (AA or AAA).
The new batteries should be placed in the correct orientation and not be corroded. If there is any corrosion on your remote, clean it with a damp cloth before installing new batteries.
If the insignia fire tv remote buttons are stuck, you can use a toothpick to unstick them. You can also use WD-40 or any other lubricant to clean your fire tv.
I hope that this article helped you fix your Fire TV remote. If you have anything to add, please comment below. I would love to hear your opinion and create a user-friendly guide to fix the insignia Fire TV Remote Not Working error permanently.