After introducing Bookbub as one of The Trove Alternatives, I think it’s my time to review Bookbub and explain how you can use it to find new books with ease.
From now on in this post, you’ll get to know:
- What is BookBub?
- How to sign up for and log into BookBub?
- How to find free books on BookBub?
- How to find discounted books on BookBub?
Now, let’s get started:
Table Of Contents
- 1 What is BookBub?
- 2 How to sign up for and log into BookBub.
- 3 How to Manage your BookBub Account?
- 4 How to search for books on BookBub?
- 5 Instant BookBub Notifications
- 6 Frequently Asked Questions | Bookhub Review
- 7 Final Verdict
What is BookBub?
BookBub is a book discovery service that helps you find new books to read. The site offers daily and weekly emails with recommendations for discounted ebooks. In addition, you can sign up for their email newsletter, browse through their curated lists, or use the search function to search by genre, price range, and more.
BookBub also has an iPhone app called BookBub Discover, where readers can explore new titles in several different categories, such as romance novels and fantasy/sci-fi works.
How to sign up for and log into BookBub.
To sign up for BookBub, go to bookbub.com and click on “Sign Up.” You will then be prompted to enter your email address, name, and password. Next, you can use Facebook to log in or create a new account (or use Facebook as both).
Once you’ve filled out the form and submitted it, you’ll receive an email from BookBub with a link that allows you to confirm your subscription preferences. This is where you can choose which genres and price ranges interest you most—and suggest books for them!
To log into your account after signing up for BookBub (or once you’ve already subscribed), go through the same process as signing up: Go to bookbub.com; click on “Sign In”; enter your credentials; follow instructions from there!
How to Manage your BookBub Account?
The first step to getting the most out of Bookbub is to manage your profile. You can do this at any time by going to my account and clicking on “Edit Profile.” Here you can update your preferences, email address, and password.
You also have an option to receive emails every day or less often if that’s more convenient for you. If there are any changes in your life as far as where you live or what books interest you, it’s easy enough to change them too!
How to search for books on BookBub?
To search for a book’s title, type the title into the search bar in the top right corner of your BookBub home page. For example, if you want to find books by an author, type their name into the search bar and select “Author” from the dropdown menu that appears.
Now that you know how to search for new books on BookBub narrow down your results and sort them by price, publication date, or popularity. To do this, click on “Filter,” which will appear below your search results once you’ve performed a search. Here are some of the filters available:
- Price – This option will allow you to select whether or not only e-books under $2.99 should be displayed or if all costs should be shown (upgrade required).
- Publication Date – You can choose between Bestselling Today (most popular), New Today, and Bestselling This Week (most recent).
- Popularity – Choose from Top Books By Sales Rank (highest) or Most Loved By Readership (% of readers who love this book).
How to find free ebooks on BookBub and add them to your Account?
- Search for free books by typing “free” into the search bar.
- Click on “Deals” and then “Free.”
- Go to the BookBub website and click on the link that says, “Add to My Books.”
How to find discounted books on BookBub and add them to your Account?
When you go to BookBub, you’ll see a top-level menu bar that has links to your profile, deals, and recommendations. You can click “deals” to view discounted books in the sidebar.
You have the option of filtering these results by genre or price range. If you don’t see the book that interests you in these filtered results, try searching for it by title or author name on BookBub’s search bar at the top of the page.
Once you’ve found a book that interests you, add it to your profile so that when someone else is looking for similar titles on BookBub, they’ll be able to see how many people have added that book to their profiles before purchasing it!
Instant BookBub Notifications
While you can’t choose which types of alerts you receive, you can instantly sign up for notifications that’ll update you for any audiobook discounts, ebook deals, print book deals, and accessible book deals.
- Audiobook Discounts – These are available for select audiobooks, and there is no limit to how many books or deals you’ll get access to.
- eBook Deals – If ebooks are more your style, this notification will send out updates about discounted ebooks from publishers like HarperCollins and Simon & Schuster.
- Print Book Deals – What would a subscription be without print books? Get discounts on those too!
- Select Book Genres – Want only romance novels? Or maybe just mysteries? You’ve got it with this alert service! It’s all customizable based on what genres interest you most so that they’ll only be sending updates relevant to your interests (and thus not clogging up your inbox).
- Free Book Deals – This option allows readers like yourself to discover free ebook titles each month—all organized by genre, so finding something new has never been easier!
Frequently Asked Questions | Bookhub Review
What devices can you use with BookBub?
If you have the app, it will notify you of new books in your favorite genres. You can also browse books by category and search for specific titles.
If you don’t have an iPhone or iPad, don’t worry! BookBub has an online website where users can purchase e-books on their computer or laptop: www.bookbub.com/. If you prefer reading on a desktop or laptop rather than a mobile device, this is the best way to find new titles without downloading another app.
You’ll need one of several devices to read these books: Kindle Fire tablets (including HD), Fire phones, and Kindle e-readers; Nook tablets; Kobo e-Readers; Sony Reader Store devices; Apple iPads and iPhones running iOS 8 or above; Android tablets running 4+ (Ice Cream Sandwich); Android phones with OS 9+.
Can you Use Bookbub Books on my Kindle?
Yes. Once downloaded using bitdownloader, you can use them on your kindle reader.
Once you’ve enabled the notifications, you’ll receive instant notifications of the latest bestsellers promoted by publishers, authors, and book promoters.
Not only that, you’ll also see recommendations from their editorial team every week.
With everything that Bookbub offers, I don’t think you would get a better opportunity to download expensive books at discounted rates.
That’s all for now.
If you’ve any doubts regarding Bookbub, feel free to ask any questions in the comments below.