Are you someone who loves going to events and wants to find the best deals on SeatGeek?
You’re in the right place! In this article, I’ll answer the question, “Do SeatGeek prices go down?” and share tips to help you find the best deals for events you love.
I’ll talk about what affects ticket prices and give you helpful advice to make the most of your SeatGeek experience.
I’ll also tell you about some other popular websites, like SeatGeek, in case you want to explore more options. So, let’s get started –
Do SeatGeek Prices Go Down?
The answer is yes, and it’s a good thing too! Not only will you get the best seats at a great price, but you’ll also save money on your purchase by buying early.
SeatGeek tickets are dynamic, meaning they change as demand for them fluctuates based on factors such as time remaining until an event or how many tickets are still available. The more popular an event gets, the less likely its original asking price will remain steady over time (and vice versa).
Understanding SeatGeek’s pricing model
SeatGeek is a secondary ticket marketplace that acts as an intermediary between ticket sellers and ticket buyers. SeatGeek does not own the tickets; they’re listed by third-party sellers independent of SeatGeek.
The prices you see on the site are what those sellers have set them at, but one caveat is that SeatGeek’s fees are not included in those prices—they’ll be added to your final purchase price when you buy tickets.
SeatGeek charges two main types of fees: a “buyer fee” and a “seller fee.” Buyer fees are typically a percentage of the ticket price, ranging from 10-16%, while seller fees can vary, usually around 20% of the ticket price. Additionally, there may be other fees related to delivery, facility charges, or processing. Still, these fees are not directly charged by SeatGeek and may vary depending on the venue or event.
For example, if you purchase a ticket for $50, the buyer fee may be $7.50 (15% of the ticket price), making the total cost of the ticket $57.50. The seller may be charged a 20% fee, equal to $10. The final cost to the buyer and the fee to the seller will depend on the specific fees associated with the transaction.
It is important to note that fees may vary depending on the event, ticket type, and other factors, and the exact breakdown of fees can usually be found during the checkout process.
Factors affecting ticket prices on SeatGeek
Here are the factors affecting ticket prices on SeatGeek:
- Event Popularity: The more popular an event is, the more expensive the tickets will likely be due to higher demand.
- Timing of ticket purchases: As an event approaches, ticket availability may decrease, causing prices to either increase due to high demand or decrease as sellers attempt to sell their remaining inventory.
- Nature and frequency of the event:
- For events that occur regularly throughout the year (e.g., concerts, certain sports games), there may be fewer fluctuations in price because people have a better understanding of what to expect when buying tickets.
- For events that happen less frequently (e.g., championship games, rare concert appearances), ticket prices may be more volatile due to increased demand and limited supply, resulting in higher prices or last-minute price drops.
- Seat location and quality: Desirable seating locations, such as those closer to the stage or field, typically command higher prices than seats that are further away or have obstructed views.
- Market competition: The presence of competing ticket sellers and platforms can also influence prices, as sellers strive to offer competitive prices to attract buyers.
These factors contribute to the overall dynamics of ticket prices on SeatGeek, with prices being influenced by both market forces and individual sellers.
When do SeatGeek prices typically decrease?
SeatGeek prices may decrease as the event approaches, particularly when it is a week or less away. Last-minute ticket purchases are common for many events, leading to price drops as sellers try to offload their remaining inventory. However, this is not guaranteed and can vary depending on the event and demand.
Seasonal fluctuations can also influence SeatGeek prices. For example, concerts might experience higher demand during the summer months when people have more free time, leading to quicker sell-outs and potentially higher prices. On the other hand, there might be less demand during the winter, and prices could be more favorable for buyers.
Industry trends and event schedules can also affect SeatGeek pricing over time. Factors like artists dropping out unexpectedly or event cancellations and rescheduling can lead to price fluctuations. In some cases, prices may drop closer to the event time as sellers try to release their inventory, while in other situations, prices might increase due to limited supply and high demand.
Tips for finding the best deals on SeatGeek
- Set up price alerts: You can set up alerts for your favorite teams, artists, or even specific seats at an event. Once you’ve entered your preferences, SeatGeek will send you an email notification when the price drops on those tickets.
- Customize your alerts: If any existing alerts don’t cover a particular seat or ticket you’re interested in, create a custom alert. This way, when tickets become available due to cancellations or resale, SeatGeek will notify you, increasing your chances of securing them.
- Compare prices across events and dates: The best deals aren’t always on the cheapest seats. Sometimes, seats higher up in the venue may cost more but provide better views of the event. You can find the best balance between price and seat quality by comparing prices for different events and dates.
- Use SeatGeek’s Deal Score feature: SeatGeek offers a Deal Score feature that rates the value of each ticket based on its price and location within the venue. Utilize this feature to quickly identify the best deals available, considering both price and seat quality.
- Be flexible with your event dates and times: If possible, consider attending events on weekdays or at less popular times, as these might have lower demand and, consequently, lower ticket prices. Flexibility can help you find better deals and save money on your SeatGeek purchases.
These tips can help you find the best deals on SeatGeek and ensure a great experience at your chosen event.
SeatGeek’s competitors and alternative platforms
As one of the largest online ticket marketplaces, StubHub allows users to buy and sell tickets for a wide range of events, including sports, concerts, and theater performances. The platform is user-friendly and offers a secure buying and selling environment. For more information, check the recently published SeatGeek vs StubHub comparison.
Vivid Seats is another popular online ticket marketplace that connects buyers and sellers for various events. With its extensive inventory and a rewards program for loyal customers, Vivid Seats aims to provide a seamless and rewarding ticket-purchasing experience.
As a primary ticket seller, Ticketmaster works directly with event organizers to sell tickets for concerts, sports, and other live events. With a vast network and exclusive partnerships, Ticketmaster offers a wide selection of tickets and frequently provides exclusive presale opportunities.
AXS is a digital marketing platform for purchasing tickets to sports and entertainment events. It partners with venues and event organizers to provide a seamless ticket-buying experience, often including mobile ticketing options and personalized event recommendations.
Eventbrite is a global ticketing and event technology platform that caters primarily to smaller-scale events, such as local concerts, workshops, and community gatherings. Eventbrite’s user-friendly interface makes it easy to discover, purchase tickets, and organize your events.
These SeatGeek alternatives offer a variety of ticket-buying experiences and options, catering to different preferences and event types.
In conclusion, knowing how SeatGeek pricing works helps you find great deals for your favorite events.
Use the tips I’ve shared, explore SeatGeek alternatives, and practice patience to secure the best tickets.
That’s all for now.
Let us know in the comments below if you’ve anything to ask.