Yes, this amazing operating system has brought revolution in the mobile industry. Before the release of the Android operating system no one even can imagine about the revolution it can bring. Yeah! we are talking about some 10 years ago, most probably in September 2008. Before that, it was java phones revolution. But the features Android offer to users were far more superior than the Java operating systems.
That was really like a dream come true to use the android for the first time. It was the wonderful experience to know the features of the Android operating system. Google got the amazing response to this ultimate product in a very short span of time. This was even unexpected results for them.
It was the boon for the mobile phone industry who adopted the Android and launched new mobile phone sets in collaboration with google android. Those mobile companies who have rejected to adopt Android Operating System for their Mobile sets had to see a major downfall in their business.
Table Of Contents
- 1 Everything you need to Know about Android P Operating System
- 1.1 5 important things in Android P which are notable: –
- 184.108.40.206.1 Support for Dat Notch: – This is also a much need upgradation in the android as per the mobile phone users. With the shrinking of Bezel, android has upgraded its features to run its better functionality on the Full-screen app. There have been several notch styles added to Android P. This function can only be tested with the phones having the notch on the front.
- 1.2 Related
- 1.1 5 important things in Android P which are notable: –
List of already released versions of Android: –
|Codename||Version number||Initial release date||API level||Security patches|
|(No codename)||1.0||September 23, 2008||1||Unsupported|
|(Internally known as “Petit Four”)||1.1||February 9, 2009||2||Unsupported|
|Cupcake||1.5||April 27, 2009||3||Unsupported|
|Donut||1.6||September 15, 2009||4||Unsupported|
|Eclair||2.0 – 2.1||October 26, 2009||5 – 7||Unsupported|
|Froyo||2.2 – 2.2.3||May 20, 2010||8||Unsupported|
|Gingerbread||2.3 – 2.3.7||December 6, 2010||9 – 10||Unsupported|
|Honeycomb||3.0 – 3.2.6||February 22, 2011||11 – 13||Unsupported|
|Ice Cream Sandwich||4.0 – 4.0.4||October 18, 2011||14 – 15||Unsupported|
|Jelly Bean||4.1 – 4.3.1||July 9, 2012||16 – 18||Unsupported|
|KitKat||4.4 – 4.4.4||October 31, 2013||19 – 20||Unsupported|
|Lollipop||5.0 – 5.1.1||November 12, 2014||21 – 22||Unsupported|
|Marshmallow||6.0 – 6.0.1||October 5, 2015||23||Supported|
|Nougat||7.0 – 7.1.2||August 22, 2016||24 – 25||Supported|
|Oreo||8.0 – 8.1||August 21, 2017||26 – 27||Supported|
|Android P||9||Developer preview; not yet supported|
The amazing thing you can notice about these versions of the Android OS is, all these are named behind desserts and alphabetic order from C for Cupcakes to O for Oreo. Now, let’s guess what stands for P here, in the latest version of Android.
Everything you need to Know about Android P Operating System
Developers are making many guesses around, what P stands for latest Android version. There are speculations for P stands for Android Pie, Android Pecan Pie, Android Pumpkin Pie, Pineapple Cake, Android Pistachio Ice Cream, Android Popsicle, Android Pop Tart, etc. There are chances that Google will choose one from all these suggested options but most probably the last and final decision regarding the name of Latest android version is in hands of Google itself only.
The Android operating system is only available to use for developers. It is not available to use by the common users. It was released for developers in March 2018 and most probably expected its common release for every user is in 16-18 May 2018 during Google I/O 2018. Same has happened while the launch of Android Oreo.
Some of the mobile phones companies have still not upgraded their mobile sets with Android Oreo latest android version. Now Google has planned to launch the new one. I hope they would upgrade to latest version of Android soon. Minimum hardware requirements for Android 7.1 is 1 GB RAM.
5 important things in Android P which are notable: –
- Inside Positioning in Google maps: – Google maps will fetch information from your wi-fi Round Trip Time ie. RTT. This information will be used to know how far you are from the available wi-fi access point. By using this information developers can script codes for telling your indoor position more accurately.
- Notification has improved: – Now there will be more clear notifications regarding messages you have received on your Android phone. For instance, when someone sends you an image, on the current android version you get notification of receiving media file but it does not display any image in the notifications bar. But this has happened with Android P. You get an image in notifications bar which you have received as a message.
- Tripling down on privacy: – Google now is more serious about the privacy of its users. There are many actions have taken regarding the user privacy. This privacy is regarding protection of data from the less used apps which were able to fetch user data even when in the Ideal state. But now when an app is not in use from long and marked as ideal, it will not be able to fetch data in the background.
- Multi-camera support: – this is the most demanding feature of an Android version. There are many numbers of smartphones available in the market which have multi-camera in front and rear of the mobile phone. But these camera does not work simultaneously. Now, Google has overcome this problem and enable mobile phones to multi-camera simultaneously.
Support for Dat Notch: – This is also a much need upgradation in the android as per the mobile phone users. With the shrinking of Bezel, android has upgraded its features to run its better functionality on the Full-screen app. There have been several notch styles added to Android P. This function can only be tested with the phones having the notch on the front.
Hey! I would like to share from you about Android P. There are many speculations and all will be smoother with the launch of Android P.