Right now Android Oreo is the latest version of Android that is running successfully on the market. The Oreo version is running in just 2% of Android devices with a good performance. Still not the Nougat version of Android is seen mostly used by people rather than the newly released oreo. But there is another baby of Android that is knocking on the door which is called Android P. Right now Android P will be provided to Google Pixel devices with Pixel 2 with the Android P developer preview 1.
Leading Smartphone company like Samsung Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8 plus has completer their run with the beta version and now marching forward with stable oreo release. The next release of Android version will be a long journey for Samsung to make with their devices. So here we will discuss the chance for Samsung devices getting android 9.0 update.
Update on 4th October 2018: The Samsung Galaxy S9 and S9 Plus are the most demanding and popular phones of 2018. But it is really surprising that both the phones didn’t get the update still. Some of the News resources has confirmed that S9 and S9 Plus will get the Android 9.0 P update soon. The company is accelerating its delivery of Android updates for both phones.
Table Of Contents
Some Android P Key Features:
Android is known for their performance and improvisation with each new version they launch. There are similar thing which is going to happen with Android P. So let us first take a look at some of the features of this new version of Android.
- It will provide the dark mode for Amoled Screens which is one of the demanding things that the users of OLED display smartphones are looking for a long time. Android is using white color in their user interface from lollipop and since then it has become a problem for the OLED display users. Now with the dark mode, they can use their phones easily.
- In 2018 all the smartphones of leading brands are being released with notch display. Now with Android P google has finally decided to add notch support feature that will look after the display area where the notch comes out on the screen. So it will be a big improvement that Android is going to make with changing time.
- The notification and messaging will be upgraded to the next level where the developer preview will help you to view all the messages that were sent previously and also can start a direct conversation from the notification itself.
- The performance will be upgraded a little bit with an increase in performance for ART. It will be very much beneficial for the Android apps coded in Kotlin.
- With the help of the machine learning technology that we have seen in Oreo, you can now put your password correctly in your logins with the Autofill feature.
- It will support multi-camera API which will be very much helpful for the phones that will be using a dual camera or triple camera.
- HEIF image compression is provided that will help you to download images in less size thus saving your data and storage capacity.
- Neural network API implementation is provided in this version of Android that will help the machine to learn a lot of new elements with a whole host.
Android P Update For Samsung Smartphones:
Here is the name of devices eligible for getting Android P update for Samsung Galaxy smartphones.
- Samsung Galaxy S9
- Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus
- Samsung Galaxy S8
- Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus
- Samsung Galaxy Note 8
- Samsung Galaxy Note 9
- Samsung Galaxy C9 Pro
- Samsung Galaxy C10 Pro
- Samsung Galaxy A9 Pro 2017
- Samsung Galaxy A9 Pro 2018
- Samsung Galaxy A8 Plus 2018
- Galaxy J7 2018
- Galaxy J7 Pro 2018
- Galaxy J8 2018
List of Samsung Devices That Will Not Get Android P Updates:
Not all the device are that much lucky to get Android P updates. So here are list of Samsung devices that will not be eligible for the updates.
- Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge
- Samsung Galaxy S7
- Samsung Galaxy S7 Active
- Samsung Galaxy S7(G930, G930F, G930W8, G930FD)
- Samsung Galaxy S6 (all variants)
- Samsung Galaxy A7 (2017)(A720F, A720DS)
- Samsung Galaxy A5 (2017)(A520F)
- Samsung Galaxy C7 and C7 Pro
- Samsung Galaxy C9 Pro
- Samsung Galaxy C5 and C5 Pro
- Samsung Galaxy Tab S3
- Samsung Galaxy Tab S2
- Samsung Galaxy Tab A(17)
- Samsung Galaxy Tab A(16)
- Samsung Galaxy Tab Active 2
- Samsung Galaxy J7(2016)
- Samsung Galaxy J7 Pro
- Samsung Galaxy J5 Pro
- Samsung Galaxy J7 Plus
- Samsung Galaxy J7 Max
- Samsung Galaxy J7 Prime
- Samsung Galaxy J7 Core
- Samsung Galaxy On Max
In this post, we have discussed about Samsung devices getting android 9.0 update. And According to our research, these devices are most eligible to receive an Android p update whenever it releases. You if you are looking for more updates like this then keep in touch with us.