Cached exchange mode allows you to save a copy of your emails and other data from your inbox account onto your computer. The Exchange inbox would be available in Outlook even if the connectivity is unavailable in Cached Exchange mode. However, some clients report an issue with Outlook not updating Exchange-related mailboxes at times.
They are not able to start Microsoft Outlook, nor open the window or the set of folders in the outlook window. The outlook window is devoid of memory to perform all these operations. But, some issues can develop from time to time for a variety of reasons, and we will explore how to resolve these issues in this article.
The main reason behind the ‘outlook not updating inbox folders’ Manual Upload Strategy:
Table Of Contents
Manually uploading files is an option. Outlook information and files may not always sync instantly due to low internet as well as other factors. To directly update it, go over to the Send/Receive link at the top of the Outlook screen and select the Update file choice from the drop-down menu, then further refresh it to fix the connectivity issue. The update will take place. If you are not unable to read your updated content despite this measure, you may be experiencing a different problem.
Size of your Offline Mailbox Data is Large
The following actions should be carried out to reduce the size of your offline mailbox:
Go to File tab> Account Settings> Go to the Data Files tab, double click on the data file> Under General Tab, click on the Compact Now button> Then Press Ok.
Sync issues between Online and Cache Mode
By toggling between the two modes, you can consider working Offline and Online. To do so, go right to the top of the Outlook settings and select the Send/Receive option, then the Work Offline icon. Quit Outlook then reopen it, then choose the Send/Receive option to de-select the Work Offline feature by pressing it. This should hopefully restore the cached exchange mode.
In case previous solutions fail to cure the problem, attempt the procedures below to synchronize all files in the Mailbox:
- Open Outlook
- Right-click on the Inbox folders then click on the properties option from the drop-down menu.
- Click on the dialog box and go onto the General option
- Click on “clear offline items”, then press Ok.
- Further, go to the Outlook ribbon, click on the send/receive tab
- Now click the update folder and complete the process.
- Disable caching of all shared folders
To stop the caching of all shared folders in Outlook 2010 and subsequent versions, take these steps:
- You may access your account settings by going to the File tab and clicking the Account Settings option.
- In the Account Settings dialogue box, pick the E-mail tab and then double-click your Microsoft Exchange Server account.
- Click More Settings in the Account Change dialogue box.
- In the Microsoft Exchange dialogue box, pick the Advanced tab.
- Clear the Download shared folders check box by clicking on it once.
- The second time you click OK, the page will refresh.
- Click Next, Finish, and Close to complete the process.
- Restart Outlook
Corruption of Outlook profile
Corruption of OST file
Outlook OST may easily be rebuilt or recreated. The OST file may be deleted by closing Outlook and then deleting it from your computer. The OST file will be automatically created when Outlook is opened. Alternatively, you may create a new path in order to recreate the Offline Outlook Data File. Further, if data loss takes place while rebuilding the OST file, you may also use our software to convert the cache OST file into the PST format. Rebuilding an OST file is as simple as following the procedures listed below, which are based on the Outlook version you’re using.
- Open Outlook and go to File > Account Settings > Account Settings.
- In the Account Settings window, open the Email tab and select your email account. 3 Click Change and click More Settings.
- Open the Advanced tab and click Outlook Data File Settings.
- In the File field, enter the path for the OST File and click OK.
- Close all the windows. Outlook will rebuild the OST file at the provided location.
Final Option: OST to PST Converter
The above options should ideally help you solve the problem. However, if the issue still persists you can make use of the free Stellar OST to PST Converter tool. This tool is tested and trusted by multiple MVPs. It helps you in accessing the inaccessible files by converting them into Outlook PST files. Every aspect of your inbox is converted and made accessible to you. This tool supports all versions of Outlook.
If one needs to recreate the OST file without an Exchange mailbox backup because they are moving their physical location, the only option is to retrieve information from the OST file. The Stellar Converter for OST conversion tool can quickly and efficiently regenerate and convert disconnected or legacy OST files to portable file formats like PST or export them to live Exchange or Office 365.
Do try the manual solutions we have mentioned above before resorting to using the Stellar Converter for OST tool. In case they don’t work the tool is always there to help you sort out your issue. In today’s age of digital dependency, it is natural to worry about losing files. But there is no need to stress with such tools and other solutions you can often retrieve lost files.