Previously I wrote a review comparing the two of the best voice changers in the market –
Morphvox 🆚 Voicemod.
You can use them:
✅To customize your Discord.
And million more things!
But when it comes to using a dedicated voice changer for Discord, things can take an UGLY turn.
Especially in selecting the RIGHT Voice changer.
And that’s where the Clownfish Voice Changer comes into the MIX. It comes as a much-balanced alternative for both Voicemod and Morphvox.
As for me, I’ve been using clownfish voice changer from the moment it was released. Initially, it had limited features. Now, it comes with tons-loads of features.
And with the introduction of all these new features comes a couple of unknown errors. So, going ahead in this post, I’ll tell you –
✅How to Set up Clownfish Voice Changer with the Discord App.
✅How to solve common Clownfish voice changer errors.
Without wasting any more of your time, let’s get started:
Table Of Contents
- 1 How to Set Up Clownfish Voice Changer with Discord App
- 2 Clownfish Voice Changer Problems and Solutions
- 2.1 Problem 1 – My voice is not syncing with the clownfish voice.
- 2.2 Problem 2 – Clownfish not working/loading error.
- 2.3 Problem 3 – Clownfish working fine on Discord but not on Skype.
- 2.4 Problem 4 – Atari and some other voice effects are not working on Discord
- 2.5 Problem 5 – I used a Clownfish voice changer for the 1st time and it broke my expensive Microphone.
- 3 Frequently Asked Questions | Clownfish Voice Changer
- 4 Conclusion
How to Set Up Clownfish Voice Changer with Discord App
Before going ahead make sure you’ve –
✅Created your Discord Server.
✅Installed Discord App.
✅Downloaded and installed Clownfish Voice Changer.
After this, all you’ve to do is set up Clownfish on the Discord App. Once done, this can be used with Steam, Skype, TeamSpeak.
Now, let’s get straight to the easy 6-step in-depth guide –
- Firstly, open the installed discord app on your PC.
- Launch Clownfish Voice Changer by clicking on its desktop shortcut icon.
- Unlike other apps, you won’t see any pop-up window instead you’ll hear an unknown sound. Don’t get tricked here as the clownfish app is loaded in the background.
- See the screenshot I’ve attached below. Go to the system tray on the right-hand side corner & enable the Set Voice Changer option.
- Now, the clownfish app will load on your screen and you’ll have options to use different types of voices. See the screenshot –
- To use all these filters with Discord or any other app, make sure you’ve configured your microphone with it.
- If you’ve done everything as I’ve said, you can start using the Clownfish voice changer on the Discord app. Select the voice and you’re all set.
Clownfish Voice Changer Problems and Solutions
Problem 1 – My voice is not syncing with the clownfish voice.
The main culprit here is your microphone. Recalibrating your microphone and the synching issue will solve automatically.
Problem 2 – Clownfish not working/loading error.
You might be facing this problem because of the older version of the Clownfish app. Update the app to the latest version to see the issue resolves.
Problem 3 – Clownfish working fine on Discord but not on Skype.
Once again, I would recommend you update Skype to the latest version. However, if the app is already on the latest version, try to reinstall skype to see whether the issue is fixed.
Problem 4 – Atari and some other voice effects are not working on Discord
To fix this issue, uninstall clownfish and reinstall it again in the valid directory.
Problem 5 – I used a Clownfish voice changer for the 1st time and it broke my expensive Microphone.
I don’t think it because of the clownfish app. Check again to make sure your Microphone is set as a default recording device on your PC.
Or else you can try to reinstall the audio driver on your PC.
Frequently Asked Questions | Clownfish Voice Changer
Q – Is the clownfish voice changer safe?
Yeah! It’s 100% safe. In fact, 2 years back I’ve used it for straight 6 months before switching to MorphVox Pro. There’s one thing I would like to say is to download the clownfish app only from their official site as it has several fraudulent sites with names similar to clownfish.
Q – How does the clownfish voice changer works?
A – It’s a three-step process. First, the clownfish software will receive the audio signal from a mic (Input device). Second, it’ll apply voice filters in real-time. And third, your altered voice is filtered out via speakers, or headset (Output device).
Q – Can I use Clownfish Voice Changer on my Mac PC?
A – As of now, Clownfish supports only Microsoft Windows.
Q – I’m unable to add custom sounds. What should I do?
Q – Run the clownfish app using the administrator rights of your PC and the issue will solve automatically.
Discord offers tons of customizations. You can integrate a lot of things with your Discord Server.
- If you want to change its appearance use Better Discord Themes.
- If you want to set up Streamlabs with discord then do that.
- Or if you want to connect a voice changer to change your voice then use Clownfish.
Now you know how easy it is to set up a clownfish voice changer with the discord app. All this process takes just 7 steps.
Besides if you face problems in setting this app, you can head over the problem and solution section to find your answer.
But still, if you need any help, I’m your GUY. You can for help from the comments section given below.