In today’s digital age, it’s easy to let your daily communication with friends and family fall by the wayside. But one app that can help keep you in touch is Snapchat. The app, which is known for its disappearing pictures and videos, can be a great way to stay connected with friends and family throughout the day. And the best part? It only takes a few seconds to send a snap.
To make it even easier to send snaps, the app had launched a feature called “streaks.” Streaks are simply a way of keeping track of how many consecutive days you’ve sent a snap. They can be a fun way to challenge yourself and see how long you can go without missing a day.
So why not start your own streak today? Send at least one snap every day and see how long you can keep it going!
Table Of Contents
How do Snapchat streaks work?
How do Snapchat streaks work? And what’s the point of having it in an app like Snapchat? Streaks are simply a way of tracking how many days you have sent a Snapchat to someone in a row. Once you reach 100 days, you get a “fire emoji” next to your name. The purpose of streaks is to motivate users to keep snapping! In a way, Snapchat Streak is one feature that makes it better than Instagram.
How to block someone on Snapchat?
Steps to block someone on Snapchat
There can come a time when you may want to block someone. Here are the steps to do so:
- First, open Snapchat and swipe down from the top of the screen.
- Then, tap on “My Friends.”
- Select the person you want to block and tap on the gear icon in the upper-right corner of their profile screen.
- Scroll down and tap on “Block.”
- Tap on “Confirm” in the pop-up window.
- Once you’ve blocked someone, you won’t be able to see them on your friends’ list or in your profile. However, you’ll still be able to send them messages and take screenshots of existing images and videos.
How to unblock someone on Snapchat
Suppose you may want to unblock someone on Snapchat but don’t know how. Next, I will outline the steps necessary to unblock someone on Snapchat.
- You need to open Snapchat and go to the screen where you can see your friends list.
- Tap on the person you want to unblock.
- Now, tap on the gear icon in the top right corner of the screen
- Tap on ‘My Account’
- Go to your Snapchat account settings section and navigate to ‘Privacy & Safety’.
- Tap on ‘Blocking’.
- The list of people you can block will be shown.
- Tap on the red ‘X’ next to the name of the person you want to unblock.
- You’ll now be prompted with a message asking if you really want to unblock that person. Tap on ‘Yes’.
- Now, you can start sending messages to that person again.
What are Some Snapchat Strict Streak Rules?
Snapchat streaks are a fun way to keep in touch with friends and family, but there are some rules you should follow to make sure your streak remains intact. Here are six of the most important Snapchat streak rules:
- First, keep your streak alive by sending at least one snap every day.
- If you’re going to be away from your phone for an extended period of time, let your friends know, so they don’t think you’ve ghosted them.
- Don’t snap at the same person repeatedly (unless you’re really good friends).
- Don’t take screenshots of snaps without asking permission first.
- Don’t use filters on your snaps that will cover up the text or distort the image (like the dog filter).
- Have fun! The whole point of streaks is to make communication more fun and spontaneous.
6 Tips to keep a Snapchat streak going
The longer the streak, the more bragging rights you have. Here are 5 ideas for increasing your Snapchat streak:
- Use filters and stickers. Filters and stickers can add some fun to your snaps and increase the likelihood that your friend will reply back.
- Send a snap every day. This may seem like common sense, but making a commitment to send a snap every day will help you stay consistent and keep your streak going strong.n
- Be creative with your snaps. If all you ever do is send boring selfies, your friend will likely lose interest quickly. Instead, try to be creative with your snaps, and a creative friend will definitely reply back.
- Don’t send a snap if you’re not interested in seeing one right now. This can be a problem if you have a lot of friends on Snapchat but still want to increase your streak. If you’re really not interested in seeing a snap at that moment, then don’t send it.
- Try sending photos and videos from other platforms, such as Instagram or Facebook.
- Don’t spam the chat, and don’t send too many snaps in a row. Not only will this annoy your friends, but it will force them to block you from their friend list.
Can I Recover Snapchat streaks lost?
Lately, many people have been asking if there is a way to recover Snapchat streaks lost. The answer is no. That s because Snapchat streaks only last for 24 hours, and the person who breaks it has to send a snap first. If you’re the one who broke the streak, there is nothing you can do to get it back.
In case of losing your Snapchat streak, you may feel sad initially but remember, Snapchat streaks are a fun way to keep in touch with your friends and family. As long as you’re connecting well with others online, there is no need for you to worry.
That’s all for now.
If you’ve anything else to ask about the Snapchat streak do let us in the comments section given below. Meanwhile, if you’re facing any error in the tap to load error in Snapchat, use these 7 expert ways to fix it.