This article gives Agony game guide, tips, and tricks to beginners. Agony is a first-person horror survival game for PC, PS4, and XONE. Unreal Engine 4 powers Agony game. Agony is the first game designed and built by Madmind Studio.
Madmind Studio was founded by experienced developers in Poland. These developers have previously worked on games such as The Witcher 3: Wild hunt, Alien Rage, Sniper: Ghost Warrior 2, Enemy Front, etc.
The game begins with the hero of Agony going to hell. The hero now wants to escape hell. Here, the player’s task is to get his character, the hero, out of hell. He has no hint except some foggy images of the Red Goddess who rules over the abyss.
Agony only allows a single player campaign so far and it doesn’t seem likely that there will be a multiplayer campaign anytime soon. The main problem in escaping from hell is that demons constantly hunt you. You have to avoid them to escape.
Agony Game Tips and Tricks for Beginners
For a beginner, there are a few things to keep in mind.
- Demons lurk all over the place. Keep your head down.
- Pay close attention to your surroundings. There are many collectibles scattered across all levels. To snatch them, you have to get really close.
- Soul mirrors need to be used to save your game. Agony game doesn’t autosave your progress. Soul mirrors are hanging on the walls. They look like human arms coming out of paintings. Approach them and interact with them to save the game.
- If you get lost, click F. Astral lights will appear on your screen to guide you. Use this scarcely as you have limited hints.
- Many statues are scattered all across hell. These are collectibles. Go near them and press E to collect them.
- You will see some golden apple trees while playing. Eating an apple gives you a skill point which can then be used to unlock the skill tree.
Agony Game Guide to Avoid Demons:
- Don’t be careless – Moving through hell, you have to be really careful of your surroundings. This is hell. Demons can be anywhere. Hence, you have to look at every corner before turning.
- If a demon is nearby – Drop on the floor and hold your breath. Using this technique, you can avoid demon attacks.
- If demons attack – There are many rifts and cracks in the walls. You should run and hide in them so that the demons cannot reach you,
- Distracting demons – You can throw torches around to distract the demons. They don’t like moving a lot so this is very useful.
Agony Game Tips and Tricks to Develop Character
Once you are done with the first two quests in Agony game, you will find the Forbidden fruit. The forbidden fruit grows on the glowing tree and each fruit will give you one skill point.
You can use these skill points to unlock new skills from the skill tree. The skill tree consists of 4 basic skills namely, possession of Martyrs, reduction in noise the player makes as a Martyr, ability to survive weak attacks and increasing amount of time you can hold your breath.
All the 4 skills have three levels of development.
- It’s useful to learn the skill of possessing Martyrs in the beginning.
- After this, you should focus on the ability to survive weak attacks.
Both of these will give you a better chance of avoiding demons and surviving their attacks.
Agony Game Tips to Possess Martyrs
In order to possess Martyrs, you must develop your skill of possessing Martyrs. We suggest you work on this from the beginning itself. Whenever you are reborn after a death, you will have one minute to possess a martyr. You will find them walking around hell. As soon as your time starts to run out, you will see many symbols popping up on your screen. The faster they appear, the lesser time you have left to possess a martyr. Hence, you must quickly work on finding and possessing a martyr.
If your ‘Possessing the Martyrs’ skill is developed enough, you will be able to possess the martyr. With this ability, you will be able to fly to the martyr and take over his body.
If you like this game then you should also try dead island game. This game has also very amazing graphics and very interesting. If you are a beginner for this game then first read all the tips and tricks of dead island which helps you to survive in the game.
Agony Game Guide to Unblock other Endings
There are a total of 7 endings in Agony game. In order to unlock them, you have to meet some requirements. These requirements aren’t complicated but they need a lot of time. Some of the endings don’t require you to complete the entire game. Given below are the list of endings along with the requirement you need to fulfil to unlock the ending.
- The basic ending – You can get to this end simply by completing the game. Beat all the 4 levels and defeat the final boss in order to get to this ending. No need for any collectibles or to kill any enemies.
- Evil ending – In order to unlock this ending, you will have to kill over 70 characters. Remember that you can only kill when you are inside a demon’s body. Once inside the demon’s body, kill everything you encounter in your path. You will have to count yourself as the game doesn’t keep any score. Once you have killed over 70 characters, enter the Cathedral at level 4 to get to the Evil ending.
- Madman ending – This is the easiest ending to get to. Find the Mushroom mind location and stand still for more than 5 minutes. You have to stand still. Looking around, crouching or hiding resets the clock. You don’t have to beat the game to get to this ending.
- Baphomet ending – As you finish the first level, you will come across the Baphomet. If you defeat him, you will find that a secret passage has opened. This can be opened by running behind Baphomet and setting his wings on fire with a torch. Afterward, the devil will escape. Then, you have to find a figurine in The Fractal Forest. Once you have done this, run to the Mushroom Mind location. The ending will be unlocked there.
- Good ending – Find 4 angels to unlock this ending. You will find 1 angel at each level. Find all the 4 angels and go back to level 2. This will unlock the ending.
- Succubus mode ending – You have to beat the game to unlock this ending. In this mode, you will play as a Succubus and you will have to beat the game once again. You can break walls, open some gates and kill enemies in Succubus mode.
- Nimrod ending – Nimrod ending is the most complicated ending in Agony game. Once you have completed the game in Succubus mode, you need to unlock the Evil ending. Once you have done this, you have to access the basement in the Cathedral. Find all the pieces of the golden statues there. You will have to also find Garments of Adam in each level. These garments are carried by certain Martyrs. Kill these martyrs or capture their bodies to get these items. You also need to complete the story to unlock this ending.
This was our guide for Agony game. How did you like it? Did you find the help you were looking for in this Agony game guide? Let us know in the comments below.