Since its official release in 2017, Destiny 2 is one of the most popular multiplayer FPS video games for your PC.
In the early days of its release, Destiny 2 was a paid game. This continued until 2019 when Bungie got split with Activision but ended up getting full rights to the game.
Since then Destiny 2 is available to play for anyone steam. All you’ve to do is sign in to your steam account and, download this game with the latest stuff of the myth triumph season and you’re all set to start playing Destiny 2 video game on your Windows PC.
Today in 2021, this game is available to play on Xbox, PlayStation & Google Stadia & all these devices support cross-play with each other.
This means that you can play Destiny 2 on your PC along with your friends who’re playing this game on Google Xbox, PS4, or Google Stadia.
Ever since the game has released in 2017, many users have reported Destiny 2 crashing issues right after the installation of a new update.
If you play this game regularly, back-to-back crashes are nothing but a headache for you. As a serious gamer, no one wants that.
So, going forward in this post, I’ll list 5 Destiny 2 crashing fixes that’ll get rid of this error for you. Let’s get started:
Table Of Contents
- 1 5 Destiny 2 Crashing Fixes
- 2 Conclusion
5 Destiny 2 Crashing Fixes
I have found 5 different ways to fix Destiny 2 crashing. I wouldn’t recommend you to try all of them. Just start from the one at the top and keep going until you find one that works. These are some fixes that you’ll try to implement next:
1. Verify the files on your game to make sure they are not broken.
2. Update your computer’s graphics driver. This will help Destiny 2 to run better.
3. Set a high priority
4. Next you’ve to disable the shader cache to make sure your computer will run faster.
5. Reinstall the game to fix the Destiny 2 Crashing Issue.
Fix 1 – Verify the integrity of your game files
- If your game keeps crashing, the first thing you should do is check the integrity of installed game files.
- Next Launch Steam and then go to the Library tab.
- Right-click on Destiny 2: Beyond Light and then click Properties.
- Select the Local Files tab and click Verify Integrity of Game Files.
- It will take a few minutes for Steam to find and fix any corrupted files. Once it is done, you can relaunch Beyond Light to see if it crashes again, I would recommend you to try the next solution where you’ve to update the graphics driver on your PC to the latest version.
Fix 2 – Update Your Graphics Driver
The Destiny 2 Beyond Light crashing problem may be because the graphics card driver is out-of-date.
To get a smooth gaming experience, it’s super important to make sure the graphics drivers are always up to date. There are two ways you can update the graphics driver: Automatically or Manually.
Update Graphics Driver Automatically
If you’re looking to update your PC driver automatically, then I would recommend you to use a windows application driver booster 8. Once installed, the application will automatically detect your device & start fetching the required graphics drivers for it.
Update Graphics Driver Manually
To update the graphics driver manually, head over to the website of your device’s manufacturer and search for your device & download the latest graphics driver.
Fix 3 – Set high priority
Setting a high priority for Destiny 2: Beyond Light will give the game more access to your computer’s resources than other programs. Therefore making sure that it will run smoothly on your PC. Follow these steps to set high priority for the Destiny 2 video game and stop it from crashing:
- Open the Task Manager by right-clicking any space on the taskbar.
- Click the Details button.
- Right-click the Destiny 2: Beyond Light file and then mouse over Set priority and choose Above Normal or High, as needed.
- At last click on Change priority. to confirm your decision.
Re-launch the game and see whether it works properly after setting high priority to the Destiny 2 video game. If the Destiny 2 Crashing issue persists, I would recommend you to apply the 4th fix.
Fix 4 – Disable the Shader Cache
It’s plausible that the shader cache has broken with Destiny 2 Beyond Light on an NVIDIA graphics card. Therefore, causing problems.
To see if the crash stops, I would recommend you to disable this option then see whether destiny 2 crashing has been fixed or not. Here’s how you can disable this:
- Look for a space on your desktop, then right-click there.
- Click the NVIDIA Control Panel icon that pops up on the left side of your screen.
- Find the “Manage 3D Settings” section and click it to open it.
- Scroll down to the Global Settings area and deselect Shader Cache.
- To permanently remove the NVIDIA NV_Cache folder, go to C:\ProgramData\NVIDIA Corporation\NV_Cache and delete everything within. (If needed. you may also save them elsewhere.)
The crashing problem should now be gone, and you may go back to Light Beyond. If the issue persists, try Fix 5 below.
Fix 5 – Reinstall Destiny 2: Beyond Light
If you have been trying to fix a problem with your computer and it is still not working, try reinstalling the Destiny 2: Beyond Light video game right from the start. Here’s how you can first uninstall & then reinstall the Destiny 2 video game on your PC:
- Open Steam and click on the Library tab.
- Search for Destiny 2 Beyond Light video game in the steam app and then click Manage > Uninstall.
- On the keyboard, press the Windows key + E at the same time to open File Explorer.
- Go to this path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common, and delete the Destiny 2 folder.
Now that you have completely removed the game from your PC, download it once again from your Steam account & see if this fixes the Destiny 2 crashing problem.
I hope with these 5 solutions, you were able to fix this issue once and for all.
I believe by now Destiny 2 crashing issue would have been fixed for you. If the 5 solutions that are mentioned in this post worked for you, then do let me know exactly which one of the solutions worked for you.
That’s all for now.
While playing Destiny 2 on your device, if you’re facing difficulty in getting thorn, here’s a complete guide to getting a thorn within Destiny 2. Do check it out & get rid of this Destiny 2 problem once and for all.