Ever Since its initial release in 2015, Discord has become the number #1 choice for the communities, in particular – GAMING Community. It’s a great platform for almost everything.
Here, you can make new friends, talk to people with similar interests, do fan meetups & most important of all, Play GAMES. Discord is accessible to people via apps (Android, iOS, Linux, MAC OS, Windows) & web browsers in 27 languages.
- Corrupted Discord configuration files.
- Antivirus software blocks these files from loading. In my case, Avast Free Antivirus caused this issue.
Table Of Contents
Delete Discord Files In Localappdata & Appdata
- First, open the Task Manager app to close the Discord process in the foreground.
- Next, right-click on the Windows start menu icon in the bottom left-hand corner of the desktop.
- In the listicle menu, select ‘Run’ or simply press the ‘Win + R’ key.
- In the small ‘RUN’ window in the bottom left-hand corner, enter ”%appdata%” into the empty field and press the ‘RUN’ button below.
- Now, in the Windows Explorer window, find the folder named ”Discord.” Right-click on it, and click on ‘DELETE’ to proceed.
- Once again, open the RUN window and type ‘’%localappdata%’’ and press ‘RUN’.
- Locate the ‘’Discord’’ folder and delete it just like you did above.
- Relaunch the Discord setup file and install the app by completing the steps provided by the installation wizard.
Whitelist Discord Files from Antivirus Software
The 1st file that’s assumed to be blocked is the “discord_voice” file. You can fix this issue by simply whitelisting the folder consisting of these discord files. There are countless antivirus software are available on the WEB.
Hence, making it nearly impossible for me to share a fix for all of them. So, in my case, I've preferred Avast Free antivirus for the review and would recommend you the same. For this, you can check out the review of Avast Free Antivirus.
- Firstly, open the Avast by right-clicking the Avast icon and selecting the Open Avast User interface option from the menu.
- Now once the Avast interface opens, click on the Protection tab from the options running down on the left of the Avast Screen.
- Click on the Virus Chest option displayed on the right. In this section, you’ll find all the quarantined files.
- Now locate the Discord-related files in the list. Discord files can be identified easily as they start with Discord_ mostly or some similar variant.
- Now, as you’ll hover over the files, three dots will appear, click those and then select “restore and add an exception” from the given list.
- Now repeat step 5 above for each discord file.
- Restart the installation for Discord.
If you don’t want to see this issue anytime in the future, I would recommend you to add the Discord folders in the exception list of Avast. Hence resulting in smoother operation of the Discord app.
Follow these steps:
- Again open the Avast as shown above.
- Now go to settings by clicking on the menu icon located in the top right windows of Avast.
- Then go to the General section displayed on the left.
- Select the Exceptions option from the left in the general section.
- Click on the “Add exception” option. Then browse the discord installation folder.
- Select “Exception”.
- Now, launch the Discord installer to install the Discord.
Why Can't I uninstall the Discord App?
Corrupt registry files might be blocking you from uninstalling the Discord App. Fix the broken registries to see if you're able to uninstall the Discord App.
How can I remove Discord Plugins?
To remove Discord Plugins like Better Discord, press ‘Win + R' together to open %AppData%. Select the Better Discord folder & press DELETE.