Activision released Call of Duty Mobile in 2019 & right after that, it started to give a tough fightback to Pubg Mobile and Fortnite. Within a week, the game broke Mario Kart’s record to generate over 100 Million downloads.
By now, almost every gamer knows how big this battle royale game has become. But there’s one thing no one knows.
At the time of its release, Call of Duty Mobile came with controller support. However, citing unknown reasons, Activision pulled it back. And now once again, Activision has rolled out gamepad support in the recent update.
Right now, Call of Mobile supports official Xbox and PS4 DualShock 4 controllers. And when you try to use a non-supported controller with the Call of Duty game, it sends out a warning saying “You’re using unsupported controllers to Play this Game.“
That being said, you need to wait patiently as Activision rolls out its support for third-party gaming controllers. In the meanwhile, follow these 5 easy steps to pair a PS4 or Xbox controller with the Call of Duty Mobile game.
Table Of Contents
- 1 How to Pair a Controller with Call of Duty Mobile (Android/iOS)?
- 2 Everything You Should Know Before Playing Call of Duty Mobile Using Controllers
- 3 Frequently Asked Questions
- 4 Wrap Up
How to Pair a Controller with Call of Duty Mobile (Android/iOS)?
You can connect a supported controller with Call of Duty Mobile (Android + iOS) in these 5 easy steps:
Enable Pairing on Controller
If you’ve got an Xbox Controller, you can set it up with your smartphone by holding the Xbox & Sync button at the same time. And for PS4 Controller, you need to hold the PS and SHARE buttons simultaneously to enable pairing.
Turn on Bluetooth.
Head over to your smartphone’s settings and turn on the Bluetooth to proceed.
Find the Controller
In the device list, find the ‘Wireless Controller’ with its name and tap on it to connect the controller.
Enable the Controller Option in Call of Duty Mobile
As you open Call of Duty Mobile, the game will automatically detect your gaming controller. Now, head over to the Call of Duty: Mobile settings, select the controller option & enable ‘Enable Controller support’ to proceed.
Customize the Controls
Finally, customize the sensitivity settings for both Multiplayer and Battle Royale mode to see which one works for you the best.
That’s it. Now, you’re all set to use the Call of Duty Mobile controller in your smartphone.
P.S. Avoid leaving your phone Idle for a longer duration as this will disconnect the call of duty mobile controller with your smartphone.
Everything You Should Know Before Playing Call of Duty Mobile Using Controllers
Before you go through the set-up process of call of duty mobile with its controller, there’re a couple of things that you should know –
- If you’re playing SOLO, you will only get matched against players who’re using the controllers.
- On the other hand, when you’re playing in a squad, everyone (Even those who aren’t using the controller) will go up against the players using controller support.
- You can’t use the COD mobile controller to explore the in-game menu. Instead, you’re allowed to customize your character & weapon loadout using the controller. Wait, there’s one more thing, you’ve to do all this before entering into the match. Once you’re in the game, you can’t use anything other than the game’s native controls.
- Before entering into the lobby of call of duty mobile, make sure you’ve enabled its controller. Otherwise, you won’t be able to use the controller throughout the game.
Frequently Asked Questions
Question: How can I play Call of Duty Mobile on my PC?
Answer: To play Call of Duty Mobile on your PC, you would have to install Best Android Emulator on your Windows PC.
Question: How to fix lag when playing call of Duty with its controller?
Answer: Well, at the moment the gamepad support in Call of Duty Mobile is at early stages. So, it’s quite common to face input delay. Wait for some time as Activision might fix this issue with an update.
Now that you know how to play call of duty mobile using your PS4 or Xbox controller, are you enjoying it? Or instead, you’re getting problems in using it with your mobile? Which way it is, do let me know about it in the comments section given below. I’ll surely help you out.