Dragon Nest, a fun online fantasy game, might need to be removed from your computer for reasons like lack of storage space or to fix any ongoing issues in your PC.
If you know the right way to remove it, you can instantly remove all leftover files cluttering your system or causing trouble if you decide to reinstall the game later.
Methods to Uninstall Dragon Nest
Whether you’re an experienced gamer or new to MMORPG, uninstalling a program from your system can be accomplished through several methods. Let’s take a look at three of the most common and effective ways to uninstall Dragon Nest:
- Using Windows’ Add/Remove Programs feature: Windows provides an in-built Add/Remove Programs feature that lets you easily uninstall any program from your system, including Dragon Nest. It saves you from manually tracking down specific files related to the game.
- Using Third-Party Uninstaller Apps: When the standard uninstallation process does not work or if you want to ensure all leftover files and registry entries are removed, third-party uninstaller apps like Revo Uninstaller can be pretty helpful. These tools offer a more detailed uninstallation process and can clean residual files effectively.
- Manual Process by Deleting the Game Folder: As a last resort, or for users who prefer having complete control over the uninstallation process, you can manually delete the Dragon Nest’s game folder. This will remove the game from your system, but it should be noted that this method may leave behind some game files scattered in various directories.
Remember, regardless of the method used, it’s always recommended to back up your data before initiating the uninstallation process to prevent accidental loss of gameplay data.
Step-by-step Instructions for Uninstalling Dragon Nest
Let’s dig deeper into the abovementioned methods and outline a step-by-step guide. Unfortunately, as a text-based assistant, I can’t provide screenshots, but I can ensure to provide a clear and concise guide to follow.
Using Windows’ Add/Remove Programs feature:
- Click the Windows Start button and type ‘Control Panel’ in the search bar and open it.
- In the Control Panel, click on ‘Programs and Features.’
- In the ‘Programs and Features’ window, scroll down to Dragon Nest and click it once to highlight it.
- Then, click on ‘Uninstall’ at the top of the window.
- Follow the uninstallation wizard and Dragon Nest will be removed from your system.
Using Third-Party Uninstaller Apps:
(For this example, I used Revo Uninstaller, but the steps are generally similar for other uninstaller apps)
- Run the Revo Uninstaller application.
- In this window, look for Dragon Nest among the list of installed programs.
- Highlight Dragon Nest, then click ‘Uninstall’ on the top menu.
- Revo Uninstaller will then run the built-in uninstaller for Dragon Nest, if available.
- After that, Revo Uninstaller will search for leftover files. Confirm deleting these additional leftover files.
Manual Process by Deleting the Game Folder:
- Navigate to the folder where you installed Dragon Nest. The default location is usually ‘C:/Program Files/Dragon Nest.’
- Right-click the Dragon Nest folder, and then click ‘Delete.’ Confirm your action in the popup window.
- To ensure everything got deleted, you can also clear your recycle bin.
- (Optional): Search for any additional Dragon Nest-related files in your system directory and delete them. Be careful with this step, as tampering with system files can lead to unexpected results.
Be sure to follow these steps carefully. In the next section, I’ll discuss some common issues you might encounter while uninstalling Dragon Nest and how to troubleshoot them effectively.
Troubleshooting Common Dragon Nest Uninstallation Issues
While uninstalling Dragon Nest is typically straightforward, you may sometimes run into trouble, with various factors leading to unsuccessful uninstallation. Let’s take a look at some common issues and potential solutions.
1. Uninstallation Fails Using Windows’ Add/Remove Feature: This can happen for various reasons – like files getting corrupted or missing. In this case, try to repair the game through the application properties in your system, then attempt the uninstallation again. If the issue persists, consider using a third-party uninstaller tool like Revo Uninstaller.
2. Dragon Nest Still Appears in Programs List After Uninstallation: Sometimes, despite uninstalling Dragon Nest, it might still appear in the list of installed programs due to some residual registry keys or files not being removed. Third-party uninstaller tools can help resolve this issue by doing a deep search and removing these leftovers.
3. Can’t Delete Dragon Nest Folder Manually: If you cannot delete the folder manually, there might be some files in use, or the file permissions might be insufficient. Restart your computer to ensure no Dragon Nest process remains active, and try again. If it still fails, you might need to change the security permissions for the folder.
4. Game Settings Remain Even After Reinstallation: If you uninstall Dragon Nest but the game keeps your settings when you reinstall, there are settings files stored elsewhere. Use the search bar to look for ‘Dragon Nest’ related files and folders (especially in your Documents or AppData folders), and delete them manually before reinstalling.
Note: While uninstalling (especially manual uninstallation), be careful not to delete any necessary system files mistakenly. Always double-check the exact path and name of the file you will delete.
Can you see how easy it is to uninstall Dragon Nest from your PC? As discussed, you may encounter some common issues when removing it from your PC.
But worry not, as I’ve already provided solutions to those issues in this post. If you found this guide to removing Dragon Nest helpful, please reach out in the comments below.