I use Windows 10 on two devices –
✅A custom PC.
The former has pirated copy of windows 10 whereas the laptop has a genuine Windows 10 (Home Edition).
Yeah, I shouldn’t use a pirated copy of Windows 10.
I know that. But I’ve been using this on my PC for years & I’m not planning to change it in the foursome future.
If that is the case, how can a user remove the “Your windows license will expire soon” message popping onto the windows 10 screen permanently?
Is there any way?
Yeah! Not just one but multiple. And going forward in this post, I’ll share all these methods with you.
Table Of Contents
How to Remove the “your windows license will expire soon” Message?
Restarting the Windows Explorer Process
- First, press CTRL+ALT+T keys together to open the task manager on your PC.
- Then under the processes tab, you need to find the running Windows Explorer process.
- Once found, right-click on it and select end task. This will terminate the process for the time being.
- After closing down the explorer, it’s time to restart it again. So, for this, click on the File tab on the menu bar.
- Out of the 2 available options, select “RUN NEW TASK“. Then in the Input box type in Explorer.exe & press OK.
- This will open up a fresh Windows Explorer on your PC. Now, check whether you’re still getting the “your windows license will expire soon” message on the desktop.
Using Command Prompt
- Press Windows + X keys together to open a list of taskbar options.
- From the long list, select the Command Prompt option with administrative rights. Give all the necessary permissions.
- Next, you need to enter the following command in the CMD box:
slmgr -rearm or slmgr /upk
- You can use these 2 commands one by one to see which one works for you the best.
- After using these two commands, many users have reported the successful removal of the “your windows license will expire soon” message.
I believe the same would happen on your Computer screen. If this doesn’t happen, I would recommend you to go ahead with the next method.
Changing Group Policy
- Press Windows + R keys together to open the RUN dialog box.
- Type gpedit.msc into it and press Enter to open up the group policy editor.
- Then use the left pane to locate the Windows Update option.
- Once found, click on it to see a list of options on the right-hand pane, and out of all the available options double click “No auto-restart with logged on users for scheduled automatic updates installations.”
- Change the already available option from Disabled to Enabled. Apply all the changes and restart your PC to see the “your windows license will expire soon” getting vanished.
Running Activation Troubleshooter
When Microsoft introduced the Windows 10 OS, it included many troubleshooters with it. And one of the troubleshooters is used to fix any product key-related issue.
Anyone using Windows 10 version 1607 and above can run the troubleshoot in the following ways:
- Press Windows + S keys together to search for Update and Security options in Windows 10 Settings.
- Right away, you’ll see a list of issues piled up concerning windows 10 activation.
- To fix them open the Activation tab & from there you can easily find the Windows 10 Activation Troubleshooter that looks like this:
Modifying a Registry
- Once again press Windows + R keys together & type in Regedit into the input box. This will load up the registry editor.
- Select all and click on the file option in the menu bar & select Export to save them to your desired location.
- After exporting everything, press Windows + X keys together to open a list of taskbar options.
- Then from there open Command prompt with required admin rights.
- Once CMD is open, type in the following commands:
reg add “HKLM\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Software Protection Platform” /v NoGenTicket /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f
That’s it. This will forcefully remove the error message “Your Windows License Will Expire Soon” you;e been getting on your Windows 10 OS.
After trying all the methods, the only option you’re left with is using the KMspico software. If you’re using an illegal copy of Windows 10 then you might already know that:
Pirated Windows 10 are available in two ways –
✅You either get a pre-activated Windows 10 or
✅You manually activate it using KMspico.
Even a little bit of change in their settings or the latest windows update can result in displaying messages like “your windows license will expire soon”.
So, in this method, I would recommend you to download and install kmspico to once again activate your Windows 10 PC.
After activating Windows 10, restart your PC to see all the changes done in real-time.
I hope this would reset the Product Key of the installed Windows OS to something new.
Frequently Asked Questions
I had purchased a genuine Windows 10 Pro but I’m still getting the error message. What should I do?
Well, this rarely happens with a genuine copy of Windows 10 OS.
But in case you’re getting the error message, I would recommend you try all the methods mentioned in this list except the one where I’ve recommended the use of KMspico.
If none of the solutions work for you, call Microsoft Customer Care for the best solution.
Is it safe to use a third-party activator-like KMspico?
There are many unsafe sources online that provide KMspico with the only intention of harming your PC.
Even though the tool itself may not harm you but during the downloading or activation process, it can install malware into your Windows 10 PC.
What happens if don’t ever activate the Windows 10 OS?
Well, nothing serious will go down with your Windows 10 PC. The only thing is that you would miss out on some of the Windows 10 exclusive features like personalization, Window 10 Feature & security updates.
I know it can be very annoying to see a message repeatedly popping up onto your Windows 10 screen.
It’s best if you get rid of that error once and for all using the 6 solutions mentioned in this list.
That’s all for now. If you’ve got any questions for me. then do let me know about this in the comments section given below.