Are you one of the millions of people who use the My BMW app to control your ride with just a tap of your finger?
It’s a game-changer.
But what happens when things don’t go as smoothly as you’d like?
Don’t worry, my fellow speed demons!
I’ve got your back!
I’m here to share some of the most common fixes for any of those annoying My BMW app issues you might encounter. So buckle up and get ready to get back on the road in no time!
Verify internet connection
Checking if other apps work is a good idea if you’re having trouble with the app. If so, there is a good chance that something is wrong with your internet connection or firewall settings.
To check if your firewall is blocking the BMW Connected app:
- Open your phone’s web browser (Internet Explorer or Google Chrome) and go to [https://www.bmwusa.com/my-bmw-app.html].
- Press “Allow” when prompted by Windows Firewall or any other security software installed on your computer; this will allow access for all future connections to BMW USA servers from within this software suite only (this does not affect other network connections).
Check device compatibility
The first thing you should do is check your device for compatibility with the BMW MyApps app. The app is compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch devices running iOS 9.0 or later. It also requires Android 5.0 or later devices (including some Samsung Galaxy models).
Suppose you’re using an older version of either operating system and have not updated yet. In that case, we recommend doing so before attempting to use the BMW MyApps app again.
This will ensure that all updates have been applied to your device and prevent any issues from occurring in the future.
Reset Network Settings
To reset network settings, follow these steps:
- On an iPhone, go to Settings > General > Reset. Then tap “Reset Network Settings.”
- On an Android phone, open the Settings app and then tap Wi-Fi. In the Wi-Fi menu that appears, tap Advanced and then select Reset Wi-Fi Configuration on your device’s screen (you may have to enable Developer Options). Finally, confirm that you want to clear all saved networks by tapping OK for this process to begin.
- For Windows phones: Open up the Start Screen by pressing Windows Key + X or swiping up from the bottom bezel of the screen (depending on model) -> Select Settings -> About Phone -> Tap Reset Your Phone.
- For Blackberry devices: From your Home screen, select Options > Security & Privacy > Advanced Options > Wipe Device
Verify Bluetooth Connection
First, you’ll want to ensure Bluetooth is turned on. To do this, go into your phone’s settings and look for the option that says “Bluetooth.” If it isn’t turned on, tap on it and then turn it on.
Next, connect your phone with your car by pairing them together through Bluetooth: open up the My BMW app (if it isn’t already open), tap “Connect Vehicle” at the bottom of the screen, then select “Pair With Car” from here. Once paired with my BMW i3, I was able to verify my connection status within seconds; however, if there are any issues connecting, then follow these steps:
- Tap “Disconnect” under “Vehicle Connections” to disconnect from all other devices before trying again.
- Then try reconnecting one more time by following step 1 above.
- After making these changes, if things aren’t working properly, check some other upcoming issues.
App Login Issues
Verify login credentials
If you have trouble signing in to My BMW App, check that you use the correct username and password. If this is not the issue, try resetting your password by clicking “Forgot Password?”
If this does not work either, ensure your email address matches what was entered when creating an account for the My BMW App. If it doesn’t match up, try updating it with a new one before trying again.
You may also want to verify whether or not all letters within both words of your login ID have been capitalized correctly; if so, then check if any numbers have been left out during entry (e.g., “mybwapp1” instead of “myBWMAPP1”).
If you have forgotten your password, use the following steps to reset it:
- Send a text message to your phone with the following text: “Reset Password” (without quotation marks).
- Your BMW will send a link to reset your password in response. Open this link on your phone and follow the instructions given there.
Clear app cache and data
The first thing you should do if your BMW App isn’t working properly is to clear the app cache and data. This will reset the app to factory settings, which may help fix some issues.
How To Clear App Cache And Data:
- Go into Settings on your phone (or tablet or laptop).
- Tap “Applications” or “Apps & Notifications,” depending on what version of Android you’re running (if any). On iOS devices, go into General > Storage & iCloud Usage > Manage Storage & iCloud Usage.
- Then tap on the app in question once it appears in the list below “Manage Apps.” You should see a button that says “Clear Cache” or something similar; press this button until you get an option saying “Clear All Data.”
- Press that button!
App Functionality Issues
Update My BMW app to the latest version.
If you’re having trouble with your BMW app, check for updates first. The My BMW App is constantly updated, so you must install the latest version on your phone.
If no new updates are available, try deleting and reinstalling the app. This will reset all its settings and may help fix any issues causing connectivity or other technical difficulties.
Don’t forget: updating apps regularly will also help keep them working smoothly!
Reinstall the My BMW app.
If you have problems with the My BMW app, try reinstalling it.
- Use a different device to download the app: If you’re using an Android or iOS device and are still experiencing issues, try downloading the app again from another device.
- Delete app data and cache: Go to Settings > Apps (on Android) or General > Storage & iCloud Usage (on iOS), then tap on My BMW App. Select “Storage” and then tap Clear Cache & Clear Data to remove all previously downloaded content from this application. This will reset your settings but won’t affect any data already saved in your account, such as vehicle information, favorites, etc.. After clearing out this information, reboot your phone/tablet before trying again!
- Update the app to the latest version: Make sure that you have updated both Google Play Services as well as Apple’s App Store so they are both running on their latest versions which helps eliminate bugs/errors caused by older software versions not working properly, together causing errors like yours above where it says “Waiting for initialization…” at startup time…
Ensure your model year is compatible with BMW Connected Drive services available through various apps, including MyBMW Mobile Service, which requires certain models such as 2014+ F Series Sedans equipped with iDrive 4 system only (e46 M3s don’t qualify).
Verify connected BMW vehicle compatibility.
If you’re having trouble with your BMW app, the first thing to do is check whether or not your vehicle is compatible with BMW ConnectedDrive. This service allows users to access certain features via an internet-connected device (e.g., a smartphone). The list of compatible vehicles can be found on the website.
Suppose your vehicle isn’t listed on this page. In that case, likely, this issue isn’t related to any problems with the app itself.
So, it could just mean that those particular services aren’t available in your region or country yet!
Check compatibility with BMW Connected Drive.
BMW Connected Drive is a feature that is available on the following BMW vehicles:
- All Series 2 and 3 models from 2011 onwards
- All Series 1 models from 2010 onwards
It’s also worth noting that BMW Connected Drive is not available on the following BMW vehicles:
Update BMW software
First, ensure you’re using the latest version of BMW software. If you’re not, check for updates in the settings menu. If you have an older version, or if it’s been a while since your vehicle was manufactured and there has been an update since then, this could be causing some issues with connectivity between your phone and car.
Suppose you’re having problems connecting with “My BMW App” on a new vehicle (less than 2 years old). In that case, another issue may be: The dealership may not have updated all of its systems yet after selling off its old inventory.
So before calling them again to ask why they can’t help solve your problem right now (and maybe even get someone fired), try updating again at home first!
The My BMW app is the perfect way to keep your BMW connected.
With the latest version of this app, you can control your vehicle from anywhere in the world and get important information about its status.
You can also use it to locate nearby dealerships or service centers for emergency repairs if something goes wrong with your vehicle on vacation!
That’s all for now. If you’re still facing issues connecting the MY BMW app, let us know about it in the comments below.