Want to get instant grocery delivery?
Instacart app is at your service!
But at peak timings, you may encounter the instacart app not working error.
So, when that happens, here’s a list of solutions you can apply to avoid any last-minute delay in your order.
Table Of Contents
- 1 11 Solutions to Fix Instacart App Not Working
- 1.1 Power Cycle Your Device.
- 1.2 Restart the Instacart app.
- 1.3 Update your smartphone.
- 1.4 Turn off your smartphone’s cellular data and Wi-Fi option.
- 1.5 Change your location setting to ‘High Accuracy.
- 1.6 Check whether Instacart is down or not!
- 1.7 Update the InstaCart app.
- 1.8 Run the Windows Memory Diagnostics tool.
- 1.9 Clear the local storage in your browser.
- 1.10 Remove all other add-ons or extensions from your browser.
- 1.11 Clear app data and cache from the settings menu.
- 2 Conclusion
11 Solutions to Fix Instacart App Not Working
Power Cycle Your Device.
If the error persists, try power cycling your device. This process involves turning off and then turning on your device again.
Power Cycling Your Device:
- Turn off your device.
- Wait 10 seconds to pass, then turn it on again. If you have an iPhone or iPad, hold the Home button for a few seconds until you see the Apple logo on the screen; this indicates that the phone has been rebooted and should be ready for use immediately.
- If you have an Android device with physical buttons along its side, press and hold them together until you get a notification asking if you want to shut down/restart/power off now or later.
- Choose “later” so that when your phone gets into this state again at some point in time (and it will at some point), it will automatically shut itself off without further action needed from you – pick up where we left off!
Restart the Instacart app.
To restart the app, swipe up from the bottom of your device’s screen to open Control Center (if you have an iPhone X or later) or pull down from the top right corner of your device if you have an earlier model.
Tap and hold on to Instacart until a menu appears, then tap Force Close; this will close all running apps so you can start fresh with a clean slate in case one of them was causing problems.
Update your smartphone.
To check for updates on an Android device, follow these steps:
- Go to Settings > System Update > Check for Updates. (If you don’t see this option, you can open the Google Play Store app and tap Menu > Settings.)
- On an iPhone or iPad, open the App Store app and tap Updates or Update All at the bottom of your screen.
- After updating your operating system or all apps on your phone (or tablet), try signing into Instacart again.
Turn off your smartphone’s cellular data and Wi-Fi option.
The first thing you should do is turn off your smartphone’s cellular data and Wi-Fi options. Turn on the cell data and then try to download the app again. If it doesn’t work, turn on your Wi-Fi and try downloading the app again.
The next step is to reboot your device by holding the power button for ten seconds until you see a message saying, “slide to power off.”
Once you’ve done all these steps, sign in with your Facebook or Google account and log in again with your credentials by trying to add an address or payment method.
If nothing works out at this point, contact customer support by tapping on “Contact Us,” located under the “More” tab in the top navigation bar of the app screen.
Change your location setting to ‘High Accuracy.
- Go to Settings > Location Access > Set Location to High Accuracy
- Reload the app
If it still doesn’t work, try the next solution.
Check whether Instacart is down or not!
You can check if Instacart is down by checking their website, Twitter, Facebook, and App Store. If it’s not working on your device or in the web browser, you will find a notification saying: “There was an error connecting to the server.” This error usually occurs when there’s an unexpected server outage or overload of requests due to an influx of customers using the app.
You can also check whether Instacart is down by checking Google Play on your Android device:
- Open Google Play Store on your Android phone or tablet;
- Press “Apps”;
- Scroll down until you see “Instacart”;
If there’s no link to install this app from Google Play Store, then it means that Instacart isn’t working right now and might be undergoing maintenance!
Update the InstaCart app.
To update the Instacart app, follow these steps:
- Open the Google Play Store or Apple App Store on your device.
- Search for “Instacart” in either store and install it if it doesn’t automatically appear on your home screen. If you have an older version of this app installed, you may need to uninstall it before reinstalling it with a new version that developers have updated after the release date.
Run the Windows Memory Diagnostics tool.
You can run the tool by pressing the Windows + R keys, typing mdsched.exe, and then pressing Enter.
When you press Enter, you’ll see a Command Prompt window open with a prompt that says “mdsched.exe. ” In this case, we want to use our example file C:\Users\myname\Desktop\instacart-recovery-20190601-132626.dmp
Press “Y” to confirm that you want Windows Memory Diagnostics Tool to load the dump file from the specified location. The tool will analyze your computer’s memory for issues and search for errors in all available RAM locations. If it finds any errors or problems with one or more of them, it will list them in its report window, as shown below:
The report should tell you exactly which parts of your system have been damaged by the Instacart app not working error code 2022
Clear the local storage in your browser.
- Go to your browser’s settings. You can do this by clicking on the menu button in the top right corner of your browser and then clicking “Settings.”
- Locate “Storage” or “Data Management” and click on that option.
- Select “Clear Data” for Instacart and all other apps you want to remove from local storage (such as Google Analytics). Do not check any boxes below this option unless you want to delete everything from your storage, including cookies!
Remove all other add-ons or extensions from your browser.
- Remove all other add-ons or extensions from your browser.
- Check whether the issue is resolved by removing all other extensions, add-ons, and plugins (if any).
- Re-install the extension/add-on if necessary and check if there is any problem.
The App Data and Cache are two essential parts of your Android device that stores a lot of information. Clearing them can solve many issues and not just with Instacart.
Android has a built-in feature that lets users clear app data or cache from the settings menu. To do this, follow these steps:
- Open Settings on your Android device.
- Select Apps or Application Manager depending on your phone’s version of Android.
- Now, look for Instacart in the list and tap on it once to load its details page, where you’ll find the “Clear Data” & “Clear Cache” buttons at the bottom of the screen (these will only appear if you have some cached data). Tap either button as needed to clear up any problems with your app!
These are some possible solutions to fix the instacart app not working error easily and quickly.
If none worked, write back to use in the comments, and get in touch for further solutions.