What Would Happen If You Don’t Accept Updated Whatsapp Policy?
Instead their Whatsapp account usage will be restricted when it comes to using most of its features
For instance you would not be able to access the chat list.
That means if you are unable to get your hands on the chat list you would not be able to send private messages to others.
This doesn’t mean that you would not receive any message. You will but after some time you would even stop receiving the messages and voice calls via notification
If you do not accept their terms and conditions you would be slowly but steadily kicked out of their messaging platform.
That’s unfair, isn’t it?
Now, the first thing you might be thinking right now is how?
Well, I will be completely honest here.
No, you should not.
At the moment WhatsApp is trying to monopolize the market with their millions or even billions of active users worldwide.
How would you push them away?
Now that you know my opinion, you might be thinking if not whatsapp, then what?
Well, you can use some of the other popular messaging platforms like Telegram, newly introduced signal app or even India’s very own Sandes App.
3 Best Whatsapp Alternatives
Telegram is the first WhatsApp alternative in this list and these are some of the pros and cons of using the messaging platform.
Telegram is a completely free app that does not show any kind of ADS just like WhatsApp.
- It lets you broadcast messages to your content contacts.
- It stores your Telegram messages and chats across multiple devices.
- You can manage Telegram groups with the help of built-in bots.
- In Telegram you can conduct polls, use stickers or share your live location with others.
- No end to end encryption for charts, group chats, or voice chats.
- Only secret chats are end to end encrypted.
- No group video calls.
Signal is the second WhatsApp alternative in this list and these are some of the pros and cons of using signal app in your smartphone.
- It is a completely free messaging app.
- It provides even better encryption than WhatsApp.
- Just like WhatsApp, signal app lets you use disappearing messages feature in the chat.
- It keeps very less metre data.
- You need a mobile number to register for the signal app.
- The infrastructure of signal app is stored on Amazon Web services which is subject to legal demand from the US government.
Last but not the least WhatsApp alternative in the list is Threema and these are some pros and cons of using the Threema app.
- You don’t need email account or phone number to start using the Threema app.
- Just like the signal app it uses very little meta-data.
- GDPR compliant messaging platform.
- From group text to voice chat everything is end to end encrypted.
- This is not a free app and you have to pay $2.99 both on android and IOS smartphones
- It does not let you make group video calls.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is Telegram secret chat safe?
Just like the regular chats its secret chat are stored on your device itself.
This means as long as your smartphone is safe your chat or secret chat is safe.
is signal more secure than WhatsApp?
Just like WhatsApp, signal app provides end to end encryption. So as compared to Telegram it is much safer to use and when it comes to the comparison. It provides features that you are used to on WhatsApp like stickers and emojis.
How much does the Threema app cost?
Well the popular German messaging platform will cost you $2.99.
I hope by now you have decided what you want to do next.
But if there is even one percent chance that you can use the other two apps like signal or Threema.
Then don’t think too much and go for them.